1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Dreambirdies Striking New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks Sasha. :hug:

Please spread it around... far and wide.

2. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    DB,

I would happily send this to local stations. I'll gladly pay postage and DVD copying costs. If you send me one, I can make additional copies.

I did put this on my Facebook wall and sent it to (all 10 :) of) my twitter followers.

PS - when I was much, much healthier and lived in your neck of the woods, I spent quite a lot of time at Sea Cliff beach and catching concerts at the Catalyst. Great memories.

Otis

3. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Very cool, Otis! Thanks for your efforts.
    Yes, I remember those days when I could actually go out to a concert. Seems like long ago.... cuz it was!

As for the DVD's, I will try to get some copies made soon. I HAVE TOO MUCH REST to catch up on at the moment.
    But PLEASE DO REMIND me and I will send you a DVD copy ASAP. thanks!

4. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    Thanks for this! CDC and NIH reverse their course and help people with ME!

Pls note- the testimony by Dr. Loveless to Congress, quoted in Osler's Web, is that ME/CFIDS patients are ON AVERAGE as disabled as people with late-stage AIDS.

5. hensue

hensue Senior Member

I must say Striking is a good word for the video. The music compelled me in to just sitting and reading.

Loved it!

Good work Dreambirdie!

:Retro smile:

6. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    excellent job Dreambirdie, thanks for all your hard work. This should really help the cause!

7. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I put it out on my Bringing the Heat blog as well - Heres one comment -

"This is an impressive work of art. Everybody I've sent it to says the same thing."

8. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    And this one:

9. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Thanks Cort, for sharing these comments with me. I am glad to see people appreciating my work.

"Now the trick is to get it to people who can do something about it."

YES! I agree.

I am hoping to get some copies on disk in the next few weeks to send out to others, who might be able to get the video out into the larger public viewing audience and on the air at their local community tv stations, as I have here. Otis has already requested I send him a copy. If we can get the info out into our local communities that will be a start. I will also send one to the PBS station in SF and see if they can run it there.

Any other ideas are welcome.

10. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    My Dad even chimed in (he's a real supporter - I have been REALLY lucky).

I agree that its time to think about taking these video's to the next step.

See more popular forum discussions.