• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Dr. Mikovits and Dr. Racaniello on XMRV

Dr. Mikovits also mentioned 5 studies in which really good cohorts were present - she seemed very optimistic about those. I had the feeling she was privy to some preliminary results.

Very interesting.. I hope they find out if the XMRV is the cause fairly soon. I've had CFIDS for 42 "fr......" years.. Long, hard sruggle.. I'm 70 now. Would like to feel normal if even for a couple of years before I bite the bullet! Man would I have a Bucket list like you've never seen!! Thanks to all for your input.. Makes me feel ' not so alone"...Family doesn't understand...no one really wants to hear about chronic illness.. so I do my thing.. Lucky that I'm NOT Bed ridden anymore.. I got a wheelchair and said " gotta get out and not let this get me".. Survivor's.. that's what we are.. Love all of you.. Nila::victory:

hi Nila, 42 years? Im so sorry to hear that. It is a disgrace that peoples lives are just let to waste away like this without anyone doing anything to even try to help. again I am sorry. you/we deserve better. Its been the best part of a year now since this xmrv thing came to light and we still dont know a damned thing. It is an absolute joke. what the hell is going on? This makes me so angry.

Hi,

You have an error (don't know if it was yours, soundtrack problems or a slip on the researcher's part):
"Simply by exchanging the guanine bases in the retroviral sequences to alanin APOBEC3 stops the virus from replicating. "
Guanine (G) would be changed to adenine (A), not alanine which is an amino acid (protein component.) I think your readers still get the idea, a G to A transition.

Thanks for your continued reporting - you consistently get the best overviews I have seen.

Gerald R. Campbell, Ph.D.

"This makes me so angry."

hi Nila, 42 years? Im so sorry to hear that. It is a disgrace that peoples lives are just let to waste away like this without anyone doing anything to even try to help. again I am sorry. you/we deserve better. Its been the best part of a year now since this xmrv thing came to light and we still dont know a damned thing. It is an absolute joke. what the hell is going on? This makes me so angry.

I,too, have reached this point of frustrated anger. All of this political wrangling that is fomented by our CDC(a taxpayer-supported agency, whose Duty is to work for our better health), instead impedes progress to save its' own tarnished "reputation"? THIS DRAG-ASS BEHAVIOR IS KILLING PEOPLE, not just myself but also friends and loved ones whose lives are wasted by this infectious disease.

Indeed, what the hell is going on?

Hi,

You have an error (don't know if it was yours, soundtrack problems or a slip on the researcher's part):
"Simply by exchanging the guanine bases in the retroviral sequences to alanin APOBEC3 stops the virus from replicating. "
Guanine (G) would be changed to adenine (A), not alanine which is an amino acid (protein component.) I think your readers still get the idea, a G to A transition.

Thanks for your continued reporting - you consistently get the best overviews I have seen.

Gerald R. Campbell, Ph.D.

Whoops! Thanks! (Even spelled alanine wrong). I'll fix it.

Marvellous article Cort revealing the sheer complexity of Virals. One hopes she/they are spared all the politics to concentrate solely on their researches now. After all it broadens knowledge of viral behaviour affecting much in the way of other diseases.