1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Dr. Klimas Talks On Her New CFS Research Institute at Nova Southeastern University

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Cort - a really encouraging article.

3. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Thanks Cort for this good news & for this web site!

4. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    Good for you Dr Klimas. This is exactly the approach we need.

5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Enid, It was good to see that Dr. Klimas appears to have real support behind her at NSU. I was particularly encouraged to see they are providing five staff positions for her and that she's already talked to faculty or staff with this disease. Dr. Klimas has always been a big thinker and it looks like she'll have the ability to put some of those big plans into place. :)

6. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks merylg! I wasn't surprised at all to see Dr. Klimas say this

One of the things I've noticed most about Dr. Klimas is that she see opportunities where others might not. Here she is saying, boy, if I had a couple more grant writers, we could really do this thing up. Hopefully as the new Institute takes steam she'll get those grant writers and get ahold of every opportunity she can think of.

7. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Yes, she's a creative thinker and good for NSU for providing her the opportunity to do that. Maybe at Stanford or Harvard or whomever it would be harder to that? Maybe at NSU it's a bit easier to get things moving. Whatever the reason its great that she's in charge and has real backing for her efforts for the first time.

See more popular forum discussions.