1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Deja Vu in the UK XMRV CFS Study Negative Again!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Thanks, Cort. A good, concise explanation.

Hysterical

3. creekfeet

creekfeet Sockfeet

Eastern High Sierra
    I'm hoping we'll see more studies by more labs, and meantime looking forward to today's analysis by Dr. Vernon---or rather, to your report on Dr. Vernon's analysis, Cort!

4. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
  5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I have a question: we know that J Kerr collaborated in this study, but not as principal investigator. I wonder if he would not be biased in some way with his study expected to come out in June, when he is the principal investigator?

Now we've talked in the past of Dr Vernon having her name attached to a lot of Dr Reeves so-said studies on CFS, but how much has she collaborated and agreed with them? And does that mean that J Kerr will have a study result similar to the February one?

6. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks creekfeet (love that tag!). I don't think so about Kerr; he realizes that every negative study dampens more interest in this; he's investigated viral infections in CFS and he believes they play a part. They also had the top retrovirologist in the UK in on this. A positive result would only help him in the long run. Dr. Vernon agreed with and was very proud of some CDC studies but was critical of others; they included the allostatic stress approach and the sexual abuse studies. She told me that she wanted to a slew of viral studies in CFS when she first came to the CAA. If you check out the CAA's studies under her you'll see that they're very different from the CDC's current approach.

See more popular forum discussions.