1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article - Cytokine Inflammation and Management of CFS/ME/FM

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by xchocoholic, May 30, 2010.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    IMHO, this is one of the most important articles on CFS todate ... Although, I'd certainly put diet first before all the other treatments. tc ... X

2. girlinthesnow

girlinthesnow Senior Member

I agree Xchocoholic, I printed it out from www.prohealth.com in September '09 and gone back to it many times. Thanks for posting. One cautionary note; I've been on high omega 3 oils for 4 months and have started to notice bruising on my legs. After some reading I've discovered this is probably a side effects from the high levels of fish oils. I am continuing to take it but will mention it to Dr Klimas later in the week.
  3. girlinthesnow

Posting again because I remembered the use of nettle tea, this works very well for inflammation and for sleep, drink a cup at bedtime.
    This is my 100th post, has taken 8 months! I think I will go and celebrate, and then head straight for the library stacks.

cheers,
  4. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    to girlinthesnow

[​IMG]
  5. girlinthesnow

Gracenote

Thanks for the bouquet.

:hug:
  6. xchocoholic

Florida
    Hi Girlinthesnow,

Good to know this ... I wanted to add that I'd noticed some hypermobility in my joints from taking 4 Metagenics fish oil capsules a day. I don't know why but Carlson's doesn't do this to me ...

I was looking at the list on what tests PWCs should have run and decided to bump this so that we could see what cytokines are, what they do and where they come from. I'm hoping we can find a top down approach for ALL the tests recommended. So far I know how food intolerances cause cytokines but I'm not up on what, if anything, we can use to control cytokines ... And what roll cytokines play in some of those tests recommended.

tc ... x
  7. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I was reading a quote by Rich Vank and it seems Cheney (and Rich) aren't really into using the whey anymore
  8. xchocoholic

Florida
    Thanks lotus. That info could use it's own thread.

I've found getting the toxins out of my diet and environment the best treatment for reducing
    cytokines. In fact, I suspect that eliminating a wide variety of toxins, gluten, dairy, soy, chemicals
    , etc etc all at one time back
    in 2005, helped my body recover as much as it did. And that if I'd only removed one at a time
    I wouldn't have seen an improvement.

I've discovered since then that my body over reacts to minute amounts of toxins which
    if not removed keeps my body in a state of inflamation. . Tc ... X
  9. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I had no idea until a few days ago that taking immune system supplements could have adverse affects until I learned about cytokines. Although some of the immune supplements I was taking were supposed to inhibit cytokines so my symptoms could also have been from my immune system being reactivated and fighting the infections. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I guess you really have to do a lot of research before taking supplements. I looked up the ingredients of a non denatured whey product and it seems they are supposed to be good for the immune system, but could cause problems for some people. Lactoferrin inhibits cytokines and it also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties as well as being a prebiotic and binding with iron so pathogenic organisms can't feed off it. Albumin increases cytokines. I'm not sure about immunoglobulins in regards to cytokine activity. I wasn't taking non denatured whey, but of those ingredients I mentioned I was taking immunoglobulins and Lactoferrin separately. I was also taking other immune supplements on top of that. I got really depressed and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I still can't be certain that's what happened, but it seems the most likely. There was another thread where people were having negative symptoms from a non denatured whey product
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...about-methylation-cycle-block-protocol.13669/

See more popular forum discussions.