1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Christmas XMRV Video - Giving Hope and Thanks This XMAS

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    Thankyou for posting this. Those faces are special. I'm pinning a lot of hope on them.
  3. Sue C

Sue C Sue C

NJ
    Thanks Village Life for the reminder. A quote that I recently read:: 'If you feel your lamp is lit: wonderful. Because it should be lit. Know. Do everything to make sure that your lamp is lit, that it stays lit. And make sure that there is never darkness in your room." P. Rawat
    Although, in some of my moments or hours of despair, I sometimes loose focus, forget the option is there. Each breath is a reminder that despite being so ill +15 years, am still capable of heartfelt joy. It is human to forget and it is beyond kindness to reminded by others who know._SueC
  4. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Yes, beautiful video (I cried a little...)
    Much hope for the Hope Basket here.
    May 2011 bring us renewed health, happiness, and a life fuller that we can even imagine from here!
  5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Here are some quotes I to keep beauty and hope in my lif:

6. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I'm going to start a helpful quotes section in Lifestyle Management.
  7. hope love light

hope love light

East Coast, US
    Hi Cort,
    I like that idea of helpful quotes.
    Merry Christmas!
    P
  8. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    It would be very nice if the link to this video was sent to all of the presented researchers and physicians. The more that these "ANGELS" see of the "HOPE" that we place in their science and dedication has to provide them with more energy do it right the first time, deeg deeper for the cause and search further for the cure!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!!:thumbsup:
  9. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    & Dr. Dan Peterson
    & many more...
    Thank you!
  10. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Given the travails of this past week, this video was the most beautiful way to go into Christmas - thank you to whoever made it! :angel:
  11. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I hope the WPI saw the video......that's a great idea to give it to the researchers. I'm sure it would perk them up...
  12. klutzo

klutzo Senior Member

Florida
    I agree with august 59. The people in the video who are working for us, often against incredible pressure, ridicule and risk to their careers, all need to see this and know how much they are appreciated by us. How can we make this happen?

klutzo
  13. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Hope love light - I started it on the Lifestyle management Forum :D

I use these quotes every day to orient me in this battle. They can be very helpful for my peace of mind and happiness.

Thanks for the idea Sue C
  14. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Cort, Not too far away now and I will fight every step of the way - pronounced psychiatric by 4 docters in A & E 4 years ago and GP practice trying to convince themselves one way or the other despite passings out. None will go through all that again as far as I'm concerned.
  15. shannah

shannah Senior Member

On Prohealth:

Light a Candle for ME/CFS Sufferers - Inspiring Video
    December 27, 2010

As the new year approaches, watch the "Light a Candle" for ME/CFS video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAivZPc4LdQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL), dedicated to the world's patients and thanking each of the scores of dedicated scientists and clinicians who continue to put their 'skin in the game' to advance a true biomedical understanding of ME/CFS causes, effects, tests, and treatment.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=15823
  16. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I, too, think this is a wonderful idea. I wonder if Villagelife has thought of doing that. Or perhaps she needs help and email addresses etc. Perhaps someone can contact her?

See more popular forum discussions.