1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Book Review of Elizabeth Turp's book "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME"

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    Hi Jody,

Thanks for the review. I'm always very skeptical of anyone who claims recovery. For nearly five years I was severely ill (functioning at a level of 2-3). I then managed to get myself to a much better place (typically 8-9) but as you say there was always a shadow. That better place lasted over 6 year. Had I been hit by a bus in October of 2004, I would have left this world thinking I had conquered CFS.

Since I started to slide, the slope has been very slippery and frighteningly steep at times. To those who feel they've recovered, I encourage you to take very good care, avoid any and all potential triggers, and above all, enjoy every moment of every day that pain and disability doesn't dictate what you can and cannot do.
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    My mouth drops every time I hear Shane's story...there is so much we don't know about this disorder...
  4. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    I was reminded earlier this evening that it would be more accurate to say that I would have left this world believing that the doctors who originally diagnosed me with CFS had, in their haste to be rid of a difficult patient, gotten it all wrong. I didn't have CFS, I actually had treatable pituitary damage and things were 90% under control with the right meds.

To be honest, I still don't believe in "CFS."
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    What do you mean by "I don't believe in CFS"?

You don't believe such an illness exists?
    You believe we are all suffering from different problems?
    You think it's an imaginary disease?
    You think it was just made up to accommodate complaining women?

Please clarify,

Nielk

See more popular forum discussions.