1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement (BPAC) December 14-15, 2010

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    If you can't make it - viewing later should help, should it not? CAA can pass on to the DHHS people who view it later - its the same stat really

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've registered.

Jennie - can I suggest adding to your first post the bit below (that appears to the link in your first post) so that people can see there's an action to be taken?:

Would it be worth changing this thread's title to something like, "Register to show DHHS our level of interest in the Blood Working Group meeting" and putting it in the Action/Alerts section? (Maybe easier to start a new thread?)

3. Registered yesterday. :victory: :thumbsup: :victory:

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    I have at least 5 additional registrants from my friends and family letter.

Feel free to lift/modify any part(s) of my letter if you think you can use it to get your friends and family interested in registering (and attending).

5. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    maybe we need to take it further and just write Dennis Mangan and let him forward or count responses and report as well.

Have all the subject lines read: Patient interest in BWG so that he knows what the content of the e-mail is and doesn't have to open it if he's rushed. And then say"We want to know every step of the BWG's work, we want transparency in the process because this affects the rest of our lives, our relationships with family, friends, co-workers (for the lucky). It affects how we talk to our doctors and what we talk to them about.

In short it affects everything we do and how we do it. So yeah you might say we are interested!

(grins)

6. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Done on Monday!

7. oipemowell

oipemowell

Portland, Oregon
    I registered too.

8. toddm1960

toddm1960 Senior Member

Rochester, New York
    Count me into the registered crowd.....be there or be square :D

9. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    I registered as well. This wasn't easy since I like others am not happy with the current leadership of the CAA. I just hope that the CAA doesn't start making promises and compromises (to the goverment) on my behalf without at least first telling those they represent what they want to do and agree to.

10. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
  11. OneWaySurvival

OneWaySurvival

USA
    Great letter Sickofcfs. It made it very easy to share this. I used your letter and got 4 confirmed sign-ups and up to a dozen more that might. Thanks again for posting your letter.

12. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    You're welcome! Congrats on your success! Let's hope we got the message across.

13. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    The Webinar is Over

I've been unable to web for a few days. Missed this sign-up plea & ... missed the webinar. The link for sign-up now just says,

"This Webinar is over

The following Webinar is not available:
    Update of Blood XMRV Working Group Activities"

Anybody know if they're gonna make it available again someday? So we can "view it later"?

14. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

The slides are available: http://cfids.org/webinar/slides-121710.pdf

The recording was available but due to technical difficulties, it begins well into Dr. Simmons' presentation. He has already agreed to record his presentation again, so that will be posted as soon as possible.

See more popular forum discussions.