• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement (BPAC) December 14-15, 2010

I've registered.

Jennie - can I suggest adding to your first post the bit below (that appears to the link in your first post) so that people can see there's an action to be taken?:

DHHS has expressed interest in the number of people who register for/attend the Association's webinar on the BWG study as a way of gauging the community's interest in the study. You can register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/985931313

Show them we're interested! And (I hope) get answers to questions arising from yesterday's presentations about the BWG study and results.

Would it be worth changing this thread's title to something like, "Register to show DHHS our level of interest in the Blood Working Group meeting" and putting it in the Action/Alerts section? (Maybe easier to start a new thread?)

I have at least 5 additional registrants from my friends and family letter.

Feel free to lift/modify any part(s) of my letter if you think you can use it to get your friends and family interested in registering (and attending).

maybe we need to take it further and just write Dennis Mangan and let him forward or count responses and report as well.

Have all the subject lines read: Patient interest in BWG so that he knows what the content of the e-mail is and doesn't have to open it if he's rushed. And then say"We want to know every step of the BWG's work, we want transparency in the process because this affects the rest of our lives, our relationships with family, friends, co-workers (for the lucky). It affects how we talk to our doctors and what we talk to them about.

In short it affects everything we do and how we do it. So yeah you might say we are interested!

(grins)

I registered as well. This wasn't easy since I like others am not happy with the current leadership of the CAA. I just hope that the CAA doesn't start making promises and compromises (to the goverment) on my behalf without at least first telling those they represent what they want to do and agree to.

I have at least 5 additional registrants from my friends and family letter.

Feel free to lift/modify any part(s) of my letter if you think you can use it to get your friends and family interested in registering (and attending).

Great letter Sickofcfs. It made it very easy to share this. I used your letter and got 4 confirmed sign-ups and up to a dozen more that might. Thanks again for posting your letter.

The Webinar is Over

If you can't make it - viewing later should help, should it not? CAA can pass on to the DHHS people who view it later - its the same stat really

I've been unable to web for a few days. Missed this sign-up plea & ... missed the webinar. The link for sign-up now just says,

"This Webinar is over

The following Webinar is not available:
Update of Blood XMRV Working Group Activities"

Anybody know if they're gonna make it available again someday? So we can "view it later"?

I've been unable to web for a few days. Missed this sign-up plea & ... missed the webinar. The link for sign-up now just says,

"This Webinar is over

The following Webinar is not available:
Update of Blood XMRV Working Group Activities"

Anybody know if they're gonna make it available again someday? So we can "view it later"?

The slides are available: http://cfids.org/webinar/slides-121710.pdf

The recording was available but due to technical difficulties, it begins well into Dr. Simmons' presentation. He has already agreed to record his presentation again, so that will be posted as soon as possible.