• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Allies - Annette Whittemore Endorses CFIDS Association and Two Other Organizations In Chas

Apparently this mutual relationship goes only one way. I posted this link on the CAA page and one minute later they took it down.

"We have two charities that help ME/CFS elgible in the Chase contest. YAH!!!! We can vote for both. Double YAH!!!
1. Cfids Association- go here http://bit.ly/eKvtwh
2. Whittemore Peterson Institute go here http://bit.ly/lgSzGG
In the upper left corner click "like", then click vote and allow. Your'e done! Then smile cause you just got one step closer to a cure. :))))"

So it's ok for people to post on the on WPI wall to vote for CAA. But it's not ok for people to post vote for WPI on The CAA wall. This seems very unfair. I didn't say anything out of line, I even listed both organizations. I've been helping both WPI and CAA get votes. Needless, to say, I am angry. Just try posting anything mentioning Whittemore Peterson Institute on CAA wall and it will be removed in seconds. I thought we were working together now!!!

That was a great try! If you look at their front page every announcement is by the CAA but the posts in the most recent section contain posts by everyone else...It is a different setup and I can see how it's confusing..........

Great try though!! :D

I can't get onto page two or three of this thread -- get an error message -- "This error (HTTP 406 Not Acceptable) means that Internet Explorer was able to receive information from the website you visited, but the information was not in a format that Internet Explorer can display." This is only happening on this thread.

I would be surprised if they would do that at this point for a couple of reasons. A) there seems to be a consensus that the BWG and Lipkin studies will tell the tale on XMRV. While Annette is obviously very clear that XMRV will work out I don't see how the CAA could be....

If XMRV is validated I imagine the CAA and other organizations will respond.

I have a slightly different view of this. Because so many people are speaking out against XMRV, now is the time when WPI need help the most. Now is the time when other ME/CFS groups should be making sure they have the funds to get the work done. Leaving WPI to slug it out all alone is not in the best interest of patients. They should be helping to see this thing to the end.

And btw, I think it's fine for other ME/CFS groups to be skeptical of XMRV, but they should still be supporting this research. That's what research is for. To find out one way or the other. Not to prejudge and ignore.

I was forwarded an email from CAA director Amy Devine soliciting votes for CAA, but not mentioning WPI. As usual, I am disappointed in the failure of CAA to get fully behind WPI.

I hope that CAA's directors get the message from the fact that they won no money in round two that Kim McCleary and Dr. Vernon are liabilities and that CAA needs radical change to remain viable. But I'm not holding my breath.