Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article about Pacific Fatigue Lab (PFL) on the University of the Pacific website

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by waiting, Feb 19, 2012.

1. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Here's the link to the article. The article is accurate, even if the title is misleading.

2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Nice to see they are highlighting one of the first University research labs for CFS......:)

3. oceanblue

oceanblue Guest

UK
    The latest published study I saw from them was very disappointing. Anyone know if they've published more recent work that does confirm their earlier findings?

4. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

I actually found that article interesting -- particularly for health care providers to diagnose ME/CFS quicker and more accurately. In a clinic environment, the way diagnosis starts with any condition is with patient report of symptoms and if clinicians can be educated to look beyond fatigue and only CDC criteria symptoms, that is a good start. Good clinicians are trained to use testing as a way to confirm their clinical suspicions, not to order every test in the book initially -- not just for cost/ logistical reasons but also because some tests may have side effects/ discomfort for patients.

5. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    I've printed this article and will be showing it to some of the people who think I'm making this stuff up when I say I get quite sick after doing exercise. They nod their heads and say that they too don't feel well after exercise.

I would also like to have this testing done on myself just as further proof. Does anyone know if Ithaca is doing this testing? I had heard they were but when I sent an email inquiring about it I never received a response.

6. *GG*

*GG*

Concord, NH
    Not sure if Ithaca is still doing the testing. I had it done about 2 years ago.

PM me if you want more info, I don't follow every posting I make.

GG

See more popular forum discussions.