• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: A Visit to Dr. Peterson II: First Appointment and Testing by Corinne

C
Thanks Carla, So far your story is identical of mine when I began as a new patient with Dr Peterson. For the first time in my 16 years with ME/CFS and ~25 doctors, I had finally met a doctor who understood everything I had been going through. I too was terrified of the stress test, but got through it. There have been a few pwc's unable to leave town after that test. One difference, I gave 31 vials of blood that first day, lol. Dr Peterson is very astute, he misses nothing. He is professional and compassionate. He's a "real" doctor. I love the office staff that I got to know very well in my 27 visits last year. All Good people.

Dr Petersons Visit

Thanks Carla, So far your story is identical of mine when I began as a new patient with Dr Peterson. For the first time in my 16 years with ME/CFS and ~25 doctors, I had finally met a doctor who understood everything I had been going through. I too was terrified of the stress test, but got through it. There have been a few pwc's unable to leave town after that test. One difference, I gave 31 vials of blood that first day, lol. Dr Peterson is very astute, he misses nothing. He is professional and compassionate. He's a "real" doctor. I love the office staff that I got to know very well in my 27 visits last year. All Good people.

This is Corinne, not Carla. I totally agree Ross...the experience was fantastic. I can't wait to go back. And you are so right about the staff...they are wonderfu and soooo helpful...especially Carol, Trish and I love Evan...he is a cool dude. so tell me....have you found any relief? for me just seeing a real doctor has been "healing"...and I'm not expecting any miracles......but it would be great to just feel a bit better.