1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: A 'Draw' at the Blood Working Group Meeting

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    As the ME world churns

Thanks for the laughs and the great summary Cort. I needed a good belly laugh and this article of yours did the trick. (big grins)

3. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    This is like reading a big "'cliffhanger" of a novel. Wish I could have been a little mouse :) in the room. Looking forward to the webinar.

Thanks for the summary, Cort.

4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    A little mouse in the room

:D:D:D:D

The ME world does indeed CHURN ON - great adjective ​

5. pine108kell

pine108kell Senior Member

Thanks Cort for trying to make sense of all this, even if it still doesn't really make sense. That is the best service Phoenix Rising provides.

6. Rooney

Rooney

SE USA
    Yes, thanks so much Cort. Now I actually understand what happened at a science meeting which is an accomplishment for this artsy fartsy girl. (smile)

7. Cort

Raleigh, NC

I really think I should put this on my wall. That is good.
    :D:D:D:D

8. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Reading it so concisely makes it seem even more unbelievable. As Cort mentioned earlier, maybe we've failed to realise how close we may be to the edge of what's scientifically possible. It's easy to forget that we could still be limited by our current technology.

That being said, it does seem strange that the little ol' WPI seemed to be able to produce such a confident paper for Science nearly 18 months ago.

9. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
    It is truly unbelievable that there is still no consensus just more division and controversy! This has been the unfortunate story of CFS/ME for decades.

10. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I'm going to put up the slides that Val provided - according to them the WPI walks away feeling pretty good actually.

Yes, XMRV is a microcosm of CFS/ME isn't it over the years...

11. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
    Who is this Stoye? Was there any CDC people there to comment like jim jones?

12. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

amazing to read the details. thank you. where did you get this info? is there a recording available of this meeting?

See more popular forum discussions.