1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Article: A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Patient Returns: An Interview with Marth

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

2. zoe.a.m.

zoe.a.m. Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, Washington
    Fantastic: Thanks so much for this interview! And thank you Martha for sharing your personal story of recovery!
  3. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    This is Awesome!!
  4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    It sure is nice to see someone recover. She just did it using very simple techniques and then she found that blood volume was a critical part of the equation for her. That won't return for everybody obviously but I think her comment that more people recover than we think is probably true....they just move on....

Several years later after being in apparently perfect health she did relapse during a period of stress. It was eerie hearing how she kind of stumbled back into that CFS world - it was a very familiar one - but she was able to recover again. Check out the next part of her story here.
  5. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    I believe the salt and water helped alot. It's just that kind of protocol isn't always possible for some of us. My lyme arthritis is made a thousand times worse when I try that. That's why I can't take salt tablets. Any real fluid retention or too much salt and the lyme arthritis is unbearable, plus the salt makes my acid reflux worse. But I really believe that a good portion of CFIDS/ME is related to low blood volume and POTS.
  6. AliceZ

AliceZ

Colorado
    I just became aware of this interview tonight. It was a great read!
  7. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
    if you like the interview here, check out her book at the library or buy her book at amazon through the PR link.

See more popular forum discussions.