• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arnica D6 vs. 30c vs. 30x vs. 9c

Peyt

Hi Everyone,
I am trying Arnica for constant muscle stiffness and poor blood circulation.
Yesterday I tried the D6 over the counter for the first time. So far after several pallets and topical application
I have felt no difference.

So before giving up I did another research and noticed there are several types of Arnica... so my question is:
Do these types (such as D6 , 30c, 30x, 9c and so on) really differ? Or are they all the same??

I just don't want to give up so fast.
Thanks so much,
Peyt

lansbergen

Used D6 in animals. I thought it helped a bit but used two other substances with it. I think that were cina D6 or D12 and arsenicum D12.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yesterday I tried the D6 over the counter for the first time. So far after several pallets and topical application
I have felt no difference.
I have found that arnica (don't understand the different dose indications) is very effective if used immediately after an injury. I have never found it to have any effect as a regular therapy. By immediately effective, I'm thinking of the times I've done dumb things like slammed a door on my hand or closed a filing drawer with my hand caught in it. There would be really sharp pain and aching but, as I always have arnica around, I'd take a dose every 15 minutes for a while and all signs of injury disappeared. It astounded me.

adelheid55

Yes, different numbers really differ.
But homeopathy is not an easy subject. You might need another homeopathic drug. As Sushi said, Arnica is good for acute problems. Perhaps a homeopath could help you find the right remedy.
And a homeopathic remedy might need time.

hellytheelephant

Hi @Peyt

I am not qualified so can only say how I use it

.I use Arnica regularly- I worked with a homeopath years ago and she told me it was a particular remedy for me. It deals with 'bruising' of all kinds- so physical bruising (pushing the body beyond what it is capable of), emotional bruising and upset. I use it as a chronic remedy when I have that 'have been run over by a herd of wilderbeast' feeling.
For the physically and mentally overtired and battered feeling I use 6c, and for acute situations eg. shocking news, moving house, medical procedure, injection I would use 30c the day before, on the day and the day after.

Interestingly another homeopath I met told me that in her opinion ME was often associated with trauma either physical and emotional and therefore Arnica is a good remedy for ME patients. We are all so very different, but I would say, if you feel inclined give it a go.

I have tried using both the gel and the pillules for chronic pain and neither work for me.

This article explains the basis of the potency.
http://www.homeopathycenter.org/homeopathy-today/what-potency-should-i-take-how-often