• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arginine

kel88

Everywhere i read they say not to take arginine for ammonia detox because it will feed virus infections..

But the strange thing is that i read that it will helps with inflamation in the bowel :

http://m.jn.nutrition.org/content/138/12/2481.full

Can anyone explain where they die find any research that arginine feed virusses?

Im planning to take arginine citrulline eland ornithine because BH4 does nothing for me ( kuvan, its a shame..)

PeterPositive

My 2 cents... I am suffering from lots of intestinal issues, leaky gut, parasites and lots of irritation.
Arginine is no good for me. 1000mg is good enough to worsen the inflammation pretty badly and I think it's because it pushes the nitric oxide, which is probably already out of whack.

Of course, we're all different and what is poison for me might work wonders for you.

I just wish I knew last year, when I was taking arginine and slowly got worse but didn't realize the connection until I ran out of the supplement and had to wait 15 days the new order.

A week after having stopped the L-Arginine I was already better.

ahmo

@kel88 I switched from arginine, ornithine, citrulline. lysine combo to malic acid about 6 months ago. I use the malic in footbaths. I have had no herpes activity during this time, so I suspect that malic is certainly not feeding viruses. Which is not to say I had increased virial activity w/ arginine. ASAIK I did not.

Last edited:

kel88

Hmmm i did already find it on the internet ... Ive got high levels of epstein barr! Thats the reason why im sick! My IGG is verry high and IGM is also always active to Epstein barr ..
So for me not a option to take

@ahmo is malic acid also lowering ammonia?