• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arginine

SJB944

Both my plasma Amino Acids test and Urine Organic Acids test revealed low Arginine. The plasma test also showed high Orthinine.

I wondered if any body else here has low levels of Arginine, and if anyone has tried supplementing with Arginine?

SJB944

A good journal article on arginine:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/6/1650S.full

It can improve energy via the freeing up of ATP -- seems that Arginine synthesise is ATP hungry, so supplementing with Arginine (or getting more through food) can free up ATP.

Think I'll try supplementing with arginine and see what happens. Still like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

roxie60

I suplement with Arginine 1000, Jarrow. I really do not have a handle on what is/is not helping. I am feeling better, less brain fog and fatigue is less but muscles still very sore, stiff, twitching. I have actually backed off my suplements and taking minimum for the last 4 wks (Metanx, CoQ10, D3 5000 daily; Arginine, diribose multiple times per week). My body aches all over but not having brain fog making a huge difference. Can function more, do more tasks but still dont feel well.

SJB944

I found magnesium injections pretty helpful for sore stiff muscles. One of the few things that have helped.

place

Be Strong!
Yes, I have. It was at the request from my infertility doctor. Not sure if it has made a difference.