1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Both my plasma Amino Acids test and Urine Organic Acids test revealed low Arginine. The plasma test also showed high Orthinine.

I wondered if any body else here has low levels of Arginine, and if anyone has tried supplementing with Arginine?
  2. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

A good journal article on arginine:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/6/1650S.full

It can improve energy via the freeing up of ATP -- seems that Arginine synthesise is ATP hungry, so supplementing with Arginine (or getting more through food) can free up ATP.

Think I'll try supplementing with arginine and see what happens. Still like to hear from anyone who has tried it.
  3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    I suplement with Arginine 1000, Jarrow. I really do not have a handle on what is/is not helping. I am feeling better, less brain fog and fatigue is less but muscles still very sore, stiff, twitching. I have actually backed off my suplements and taking minimum for the last 4 wks (Metanx, CoQ10, D3 5000 daily; Arginine, diribose multiple times per week). My body aches all over but not having brain fog making a huge difference. Can function more, do more tasks but still dont feel well.
  4. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

I found magnesium injections pretty helpful for sore stiff muscles. One of the few things that have helped.
  5. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Yes, I have. It was at the request from my infertility doctor. Not sure if it has made a difference.

See more popular forum discussions.