1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Argenine Makes my skin breakout

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by gettinbetter, Aug 4, 2014.

1. gettinbetter

gettinbetter

Hello All

I have been doing some reading on Amino Acids that help with growth hormone

Argenine Ornithine and Citroline

Argenine is effective but it makes my skin break out on the fingertips area and it's very uncomfortable

When i eat to many dairy products I get a similar reaction

Is there someway I can adjust the ratio of these three supps to minimize the "side effects"

Thanks All
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Did you check for any filler ingredients? Didn't know there was amino acids specific for HGH. Maybe should try a bit myself, my illness caused my test levels to drop below 150 at certain points.
  3. gettinbetter

gettinbetter

I didn't check
    I could be that it's an inferior quality or it had fillers
  4. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Most of the time people seem to react more to fillers and stuff then the actual ingredient itself, definitely worth ruling out.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I don't know if this is the same product or pertains to you but my ND said that L-Arginine can increase or worsen herpes viruses so in my case w/EBV I was not able to take it.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    What kind of breakout? Arginine might reactivate and promote herpes virus infections. These can sometimes manifest as skin problems.

PS What @Gingergrrl said.
  7. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Try to take it with similar amounts of lysine and see if that helps. Arginine, lysine and ornithine usually go together. Citruline is an arginine precursor, you don't need both.
  8. gettinbetter

gettinbetter

What kind of skin breakouts?
    It's always the ends of the fingers surrounding the fingernails
    If I eat to much Dairy products I have the same reaction so I don't know if it's the fillers
    could be argenine just doesn't agree with me
    I wonder if I would get good results just using citroline and ornithine
    What I am trying to achieve is more growth hormone at night and more testosterone
    I need to keep my strength up as I get older because for me retirement is not an option

See more popular forum discussions.