• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 9th GRADER? by Mindy Kitei

I've posted a new piece on my blog, CFS Central. It appears that ninth graders know how to do replication studies. URL: cfscentral.com

Lesley

Mindy,

Thank you so much for the important work you are doing.

I would encourage everyone to support Mindy's effort to fund her work through Google ads by emailing Google. The following is from her latest post:

Google has denied Google ads on CFS Central. The reason? The company emailed: "We're unable to approve your AdSense application at this time because we feel that your site does not comply with the Google webmaster quality guidelines. More specifically, we believe that your site does not add value or provide unique content."

If you disagree with Google's finding, please let the company know. As with most things, there is strength in numbers. Google's AdSense email: adsense-support@google.com

I'm going to email Google now, before the brain fog causes me to forget!

Lesley

Lynn

I emailed Google the following note.

I think that the articles on http://www.cfscentral.com/ are very helpful and are unique. XMRV is a new retrovirus has been found to be associated with CFS and may even be found to be the cause. I would like to see articles about this connection continue and that will take advertising to bring in the money to continue articles about this important subject.

Please reconsider the site for the AdSense program for http://www.cfscentral.com/ .

Thank you.

Lynn

Thanks so much for your kind words villagelife and Frickly. And to tloyd, and Lesley, I appreciate your writing to Google. At least Amazon has seen the value of the CFS Central, and I've added links on my site today to gluten-free, dairy-free and stevia products, among others.

Mindy Kitei
cfscentral.com