• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are You a Victim of Doctor-Caused PTSD

Do you have doctor-caused PTSD?

• I have been diagnosed with doctor-caused PTSD by a medical professional

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I think I have PTSD, but I have not been diagnosed by a medical professional.

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • I would probably have PTSD, but I chewed some doctor/s out.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I do not have PTSD, although some of my encounters with doctors have been stressful.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I do not have PTSD, but I am have been fortunate and have good encounters with all my doctors.

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

Carrigon

I've had doctors and nurses physically hurt me on exams to the point where, I have to watch them like a hawk when I go in. I had one doctor use that little hammer thing on my arm so badly that I was bruised for weeks. I had a nurse use the blood pressure cuff on my arm to where it hurt like hell and I kept saying to stop and she wouldn't. I'm at the point with that, that I might refuse to get my pressure taken when I go in on Monday. I've been hurt alot by various docs over the years. I think some of them are sadistic and get off on it. I hate going to the doctor.