1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Are there GMOs in your vitamins?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dreambirdie, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
  2. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Oh crap.

3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    :eek: :confused:
    :aghhh: :alien:

These were the best (worst) parts of the article to me, if anyone needs a shorter version:

4. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    The L-tryptophan deaths have never been conclusively linked to GMO's. It might have been faulty purification processes -- read more here.

5. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Oh yeah. This GMO stuff is everywhere!

I recently realised that my supplements were an issue and managed to find GMO free vitamin C. The probiotics I buy are from organic dairy. Vitamin E is hard as it's in so much. Sorry to add to the annoyance - but chocolate often contains soya lecithins. So if not organic - same GMO concern as vit E.

Researching each supplement is hard. I recently found my liver detox herbs which are awesome have some vit C in - have had to find a different product to take.

Here in the UK GMO's only recently came onto the radar as animal feed is now allowed to be from GMO crops. So in a matter of months, food and supplements have had to be re-evaluated for me!

See more popular forum discussions.