• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

are there any sure fire tests for MCAD?

Aerose91

I have enough symptoms to make me curious about it but none of my doctors have ever checked or brought it up. I would like to next time- are there any specific tests that will really help in diagnosing if someone has mast cell activation or not?

I had the same question so I googled. Everything says you need bone marrow biopsy results to diagnose Mastocytosis (cutaneous or systemic).

If someone does not have the higher mast cells throughout their body, but has symptoms, they can get diagnosed with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome which is mast cells activating too easily.

There is no specific test for MCAS but I found a list of related tests which a doctor may use: http://www.mastocytosis.ca/medtests.htm