1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Are Our Bodies Slowly Starving?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Jan 20, 2014.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I was reading this poignant article about WWII-era starvation research.

As I read, it occurred to me that in ME, with the gut issues/malabsorption, as well as blockages/inefficencies in cell transport, and the very severest ME patients being almost totally unable to eat or metabolize what is given, it is possible many of the symptoms that psychiatrists like to hang on their peg may in fact be the direct result of malnutrition/starvation.

Below is a link to the full article, but look at this list of recommendations for treating the starved men liberated from concentration camps:

Reading this made my heart break for Karina and others who are being held on psych wards and subject to basically the opposite of the above advice/insight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25782294
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I heard this on the radio last night.

See more popular forum discussions.