• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aquatic therapy as treatment intervention for CFS: a pilot study (Australia)

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I was advised by a physio at the pain clinic to 'work through the pain' and go to the pool once a week- not to swim just to get in for 10 mins and do simple walking/stretching. After 2 weeks of increasing flare-up it was suggested I continue to go but don't exercise. Of course for us, getting dressed, getting into the car, going into the changing room etc is probably more 'exercise' than most of us can cope with.
There was a time when it wasn't difficult for me to get out, but now I'm housebound, so I really understand the difficulty of just getting out.

Now it all sounds like a good idea until you get to the part about getting out of bed and getting dressed, getting in your car, undressing, OK.....that's all for today....time to go home now.