• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Appt With Enlander

halcyon

I have heard that he is semi-retired but definitely dropping out of the AMP trial.

I believe he said last year that the ampligen trial did not go that well. Check out his FB page. He had 4 interns run trials with 4 different drugs. The one with the best success was GcMaf.

I have heard that he is semi-retired but definitely dropping out of the AMP trial.

I don't know about being semi-retired but there are times when it's hard to get through to the office. It's been better lately. I think he is devoting more time to research.

I believe he said last year that the ampligen trial did not go that well. Check out his FB page. He had 4 interns run trials with 4 different drugs. The one with the best success was GcMaf.
The only reason he stopped the Ampligen trial is because of contract differences with Hemispherx. His infusion nurse retired and he wasn't able to replace her. He still likes Ampligen as a drug. His words were 'good drug, but poorly run company.'

I've had to discontinue treatment with Dr. Enlander because I was not able to get in touch with the office for followup or supplement orders.

I've heard that Dr. Enlander has retired and has discontinued his Ampligen Trials. Anyone know anything?

I can answer that question because I was one of his Ampligen patients and was in his office twice a week for 7 months. He's not retired, just has fewer hours in the office and less staff. Try calling on Tuesdays, because that is usually the day he is in. His nurse of 20+ yrs retired and she ran much of the day-to-day stuff including fulfilling orders. There has been some confusion in the transition to others taking over her duties. But he's still fulfilling orders, etc. I got my box of Hepapressin and yogurt starter three weeks ago. I recommend you order a couple months supply at one time and reorder early because some people's orders have taken awhile to fulfill. (His decision to discontinue the Ampligen program had to do with contractual disagreements with Hemispherx, and his inability to find another IV nurse after his nurse retired, not because he is retiring nor his displeasure with Ampligen as a drug.)

Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go!

Would you mind telling me how much the Hepapressin, Immunoprop and GcMAf cost on a monthly basis? Also, have you now noticed any changes with this protoccol?

Hepapressin is $40 an injection (one injection per week), so $160 per month
GcMAf yogurt starter is $120 a month
Gear Up and Gear Up Plus (they use to be called Immune Resist and Immuno Plus - same product just different name) are each $38 per month

Here's a price list for other supplements. Don't know how accurate the prices still are.
https://secure.jotform.us/form/21057331918148

I know this has been covered but now that we're in May 2016 is Dr Enlander still available? I tried emailing a few times using the email they used to correspond with me on and the email address bounces back.

I tried calling and nobody answered the phone. Can anybody advise me?

ghosalb

Dr. Enlander is not taking insurance any more....his office referred me to Dr. Kathryn F. Alcarez....anybody has any info on this regarding if she treats CFS etc. Thanks.

Nielk

I know this has been covered but now that we're in May 2016 is Dr Enlander still available? I tried emailing a few times using the email they used to correspond with me on and the email address bounces back.

I tried calling and nobody answered the phone. Can anybody advise me?
Dr. Enlander has retired.

ghosalb

yes...he is seeing patients on Monday only....office open on Tuesdays also...don't know other days....some patients has/supposed to go to Dr. Alcarez....my first call to her office was disappointing...person at appointment desk told me she does not see CFS patients....may be she is just getting into this field....

JayS

I have seen Dr. Alcarez--just came from an appt with her, actually, as I type this. It's a bit early in the game for her and I'm not sure what her group practice yet thinks of ME/CFS, but she seems eager to try to help. I am a longtime patient of Dr. Enlander's but getting to his new location is a bit tough as I'm in a mobility scooter. Ironic as I worked and lived in the neighborhood he's in now for nearly 15 years; but I'm still in touch with him. His supplements and MAF878 and so forth are available through Dr. Alcarez. There are probably some kinks to be worked out but in time I think this will be a good situation. Feel free to PM me...and I'll reiterate that Dr. Enlander definitely wants it known that he is absolutely still practicing.

Horizon

Does Dr. Enlander push supplements he sells on people? I would like his opinion on my case but certainly don't want to buy vitamins from a doctor at this point, only stuff from a reputable big company.

ukxmrv

Does Dr. Enlander push supplements he sells on people? I would like his opinion on my case but certainly don't want to buy vitamins from a doctor at this point, only stuff from a reputable big company.

I've seen Dr Enlander and did not get the impression at all that he "pushed vitamins". That seemed the exact opposite from my experience.

He didn't push any supplements on me. I didn't even know he was stocking some until a staff member opened a drawer full of them in front of me.

The only supplement he recommended at first was his electrolyte mix (developed at Mt. Sinai) and that was after I complained about the commercial ones. It was so much better than any others I tried (dissolved well, almost tasteless). Since the electrolyte mix was so superior, I decided to tried a couple other things from him, but I was the one who had to ask what else he recommended. I got the impression he was carrying a couple of his favorites for the patients' convenience.