• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Appointment with new Immunologist- What test should I request?

chilove

Hi everyone,

I've been diagnosed with EBV and chronic Lyme disease. Hetero MTHFR. I'm seeing a new immunologist in a couple of weeks. What basic or specific tests should I ask for that might help further my treatment options?

Thanks!

Audrey

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I recently saw a 2nd immunolgist because the first one was clueless.

They might want you to do a vaccine challenge which I did with no problem and helps lead to other information about the immune system.

I woukd ask for NK Cell function, IgG immunoglobulin and subclasses. IgA and Igm.

If they'll go for it get cmv, ebv, hhvs, cpn and mpn.

It took me years but I finallt got a DX Of a PID hypogammaglobulinemia. Many people here have CVID. Waiting to find out about treatment.

Hopefully others more knowledgable than me will pipe in.

chilove

Thanks so much minkeygirl!

I saw these suggested on a website:
  • Total IgG with subclasses
  • Lymphocyte Subset Panel (measures CD4, CD8, NK cells, etc)
  • ImmuKnow or Immune Cell Function test (measures CD4 response)
  • Natural Killer Cell Function

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Seem ok but I'm definitely not the authority. Maybe @Ema can help.

The thing is getting them to understand how to interpret things

I had 10 yrs of labs that I brought with me to show a pattern of worsening immune function. I didn't even have to fight to get Immunomogloblin which I've been trying for over a year.