1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Appointment with KDM! any advice?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by alexa, Jan 17, 2012.

1. bedman

bedman

I would love to read update when the treatment progresses

2. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Hi Dan

Please let us know how u go!

Good luck!

Ivana

3. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Got the results.. KDM was right, its a gut bacteriall thing.. no virus or hormonal problems, but lotsssss of strep and other harmful bacteria.. its well worth seeing him, but if you can get an appt with Dr Lewis (although the waiting list is a year), then that would be great too!

4. bedman

bedman

So has KDM put you on an antibiotic or what is the treatment?

5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

I am skeptical of the value of Redlabs viral/pathogen testing. I came back negative for EBV, but I know from US testing I am positive. OThers have said the same.

6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Never used redlabs but i initially tested psoitive for igg antibodies to ebv and a few years later was negative. Reading oslers web, this was common in the tahoo outbreak, they think immune system unable to make antibodies, so doesnt mean u dont have ebv??

7. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

not sure if the post i wrote a couple of hours ago came up, but i got my repeat EBV test results and theyre positive. Ive emailed Himmunitas to ask about what to do next as the Redlabs results came back negative

8. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Just heard from KDM.. Redlabs checks for an active virus.. my current results indicated a previous virus which is currently not active.

bedman- i am sensitive to erythromycin but KDM gave it to me as he said its only for a short period of time (8 days) Im not experiencing anything bad as a result

9. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Hi Daniel

I started KDM's nexavir and b12 a couple of weeks ago and also feel much worse.. the fatigue is horrible and the depression has really hit again (as a result).. KDM said the nexavir shouldnt make u worse, but my dr (Dr Lewis in Melbourne) says that it can make you worse so start on a low dose such as 0.2ml and work ur way up.. thats what i did but it still makes me very sick.. i've only gotten to 1.5ml so far and i feel a lot worse. I did speak to another KDM patient and she said she felt worse at first but much better now.. so there some hope for us i guess

Best wishes,
    Ivana

10. Daniel M

Daniel M

Manchester, UK
    Hey Ivana,

yes guess im going to persevere with the low dose and see if i can increase over time. good luck with your treatment!!
    all the best,
    Dan

11. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

daniel,

I have found that injecting the nexavir in the evening/night helps to reduce the worsening feeling so by the time i get up, its not so bad. I can function a bit better now, after reducing my dose and taking it at night..

hopefully that helps

ivana

12. Daniel M

Daniel M

Manchester, UK
    HI Ivana,

Yes Ive been doing that too and it seems to help a lot!!

cheers,
    Dan

13. topaz

topaz Senior Member

Hi Ivana

I just happened to read a post tonight about signs of adrenal fatigue and light sensitivity is one (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/6-little-known-signs-of-adrenal-fatigue/) . You may also want to google light sensitivity and adrenals further.

What adrenal supplements are you on?

Are you in Melbourne? I assumed so as you see Dr Lewis.

Thanks

14. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Hi Topaz

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked this particular post for a few days. I have had my HPA axis and adrenals tested by an endocrinologist, and the results came out perfect. I have heard that light sensitivity and the whole erratic pupils thing can be due to neurotoxicity, Dr Lewis said that too.

Are you seeing Dr Lewis or KDM? Yes, I am in Melbourne.

Kind Regards,

Ivana

15. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Oh i forgot- Im on AOR Ortho Adapt for the adrenals.. Its pretty good stuff, u can order it into Aus from Canada

Ivana

16. Daniel M

Daniel M

Manchester, UK
    Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone will be in Brussels on the 10/11 April? I have my second appointment then and it would be nice to meet have a chat with other patients who might be visiting then.
    all the best,
    Dan

See more popular forum discussions.