• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

appointment with GP today?

well after 16 months of going to endos and neurology, dozens of tests and not finding anything that would indicate ME/CFS symptoms i'm down to nothing left It appears. think everything is ruled out.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? my GP is a good guy. Listens to me. Only 38 years old which may be a good thing. I need to get diagnosed just for sanity purposes and so I can make the moves I need to to carry on as far as health, employment, communication with friends and family and etc....A diagnosis would probably help a lot.
I'm pretty sure I belong in this club. nothing else makes sense.
thank you very much.

alkt

if they found nothing else wrong and you fit the diagnostic criteria then yes your gp can give you the m e diagnosis. I am glad you have a gp who is willing to listen and sorry that you may have this wretched disease . but at least you have found this site relatively early and have access to a great store of information and many very intelligent people who may help in different ways . I hope you have already learnt to pace yourself and not push yourself as hard as many of us and people in general do .best wishes.

I pushed myself at work today physically and am wiped. Stuff that was easy 16 months ago.
Yes, I’m thankful for all of your knowledge and compassion. Of course that’s why you are all here.
And that crap disease.
Anyway, GP wants to check for Epstein-Barr. I guess that’s a slight possibility. Hope that’s it. He said he had someone a while ago with the same symptoms and situation and he wound up having Epstein-Barr. Apparently he’s doing way better.
I asked him if he has any patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. He says he has 2 or 3. I live in Oshkosh, Wisconsin which is about 60,000 people. Seems like I’m in a good spot hopefully. I know many are not nearly as fortunate.
Anyway, just wanted to get back with update.
Have a great weekend(relatively speaking of course, lol)
Thanks

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Glad you got a doctor who didn't dismiss your concerns and that he has a couple of patients with CFS.

Hope it works out well for you.