• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

appointment with Dr. Bela Chheda from the Open Medicine Institute

Has anyone seen Dr Bela Chheda at Kogelnic's office in Mountain View. Can you speak to your experience with her? Is she competent and experienced with ME/CFS? Will she work with you in preparing for disability? Will she work with you as your primary care physician? Any other comments or observations about her practice that might be helpful. Thanks very much!
1. She is very nice and competent. She's been at OMI for a year now, so she's experienced with ME/CFS.
2. I don't know about preparing for disability. Sorry.
3. I don't know if she will be your PCP. BTW, this clinic is very expensive.
4. Although I like her and consult with her, you'll still have to do your own research as ME/CFS is still so hard-to-figure-out. I do disagree with her on a few things, but I'm just a layperson.
Good luck.

Gingergrrl

Thank you gingergrrl- I saw that post a few minutes after sending my question to him. Heartbreaking.......Is anyone in contact with his family?

I honestly do not know and did not know andreasvq or anything about his circumstances. But I agree, it was very heartbreaking to read at the time (and still is now).