• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Applied kinesiology?

valentinelynx

Valentine - This only violates your understanding of physics. You could read some Russell Targ. He's physicist who worked for 25 years at the Stanford Research Institute, heavily funded by the CIA. Try "Limitless Mind" or "Do You See What I See?" I'm sending out his idea because you say "I would like to believe [it's] possible." I DON'T want to hijack this thread into a discussion of this stuff.

I know Russell Targ. Good guy.

As for the rest of this. Everyone has tried something that works for them. That's called "anecdotal" evidence.

Nielk

As for the rest of this. Everyone has tried something that works for them. That's called "anecdotal" evidence.
Hi valentinelynx.

I would settle at this point for any improvement even if it's not proven - "just anecdotal". The quality of my life right now is so low and full of pain, that anything that can give me some relief, even if it's temporary, for me. it's worth a trial.

If I would have found something medically approved and tested that works for me, I would have done that.

One thing I know - I am not willing to try something that has a chance to make my condition worse but with this modality I don't think that can happen. It is possible that it is working for a few days as a placebo effect but, I would doubt it because I am a very skeptical person. *learned this from experience). I have tried a lot of alternative ways of healing and most of them do nothing for me.

For a while I was doing Neurofeedback with which I got a nice amount of relief which lasted nicely. It seems though that with certain symptoms like allergy related sinus, headache pain, neurofeedback cannot help.

I try to keep an open mind because I find that doing nothing exacerbates my condition because I feel hopeless.

There are a lot of things that defy the mind. Like spontaneous recoveries from cancerous tumors. Yet, it does happen.
Not everything that happens in life can be scientifically explained or understood.

I am willing to do this for a few months and see what happens.

All the best,
Nielk

moblet

Unknown Quantity
With these syndromes, everyone's journey is different. Each of us needs to write our own anecdote.

valentinelynx, please stay on topic. This thread is about Neilk's and others' kinesiology journeys, not your belief system or your contempt for those whose physiologies cannot tolerate the interventions currently offered by the medical profession, and/or for whom conventional medical intervention hasn't worked. I am a scientist myself and am quite happy to engage with you in a process of thinking critically about everything, inside and outside the medical profession, and about how contemporary science is produced, but that needs to be undertaken outside this thread.