• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

APPG on ME: Notes from parliamentary meeting on 17th March (UK)

charles shepherd

Template letter to use to ask your MP to attend the next APPG on ME meeting during ME awareness Week on May 11th:

[Your address here
including email address
if you have one]

[MP’s address here:
you can search for it on the
Parliament website]

Date

Dear MP’s name

Re: drop-in session for MPs on Wednesday 11 May

As one of the 250,000 people in the UK living with myalgic encephalomyelitis (M.E.), I am writing to highlight the impact of this disabling, neurological condition, and what you can do to support constituents, including me, who live with it.
M.E. is a widely misunderstood illness, and many of those affected experience considerable barriers in accessing healthcare, welfare benefits and social care.

You can personalise the letter by sharing your personal experience of M.E. here. We recommend keeping it to a single paragraph, as experience tells us that letters kept to one page in length are most effective.

I urge you to attend an awareness-raising drop-in session for MPs in Room Q, Portcullis House on Wednesday 11 May, 12.30pm to 2pm, hosted by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on M.E., or send along a representative.
Lunch will be provided, and you can pick up a new M.E. information pack with key facts and details of how you can support your constituents affected by this awful condition.

The secretariat for the APPG on M.E. can provide more details, including information on joining the APPG, which exists to improve the lives of people with M.E. and is currently leading an inquiry asking how people with M.E. can better access appropriate social care. Please contact the secretariat on policy@actionforme.org.uk

Yours sincerely

Your name