• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anything to watch out for when taking lots of adenob12?

mgk

I recently found out that what seemed like hypokalemia symptoms were actually symptoms of not taking enough adenob12. Then as I tried increasing adenob12 even further, I found that it kept helping with my energy levels, muscle pain (especially on the back of my neck), and the numbness in various areas like my face, arms, legs. I'm taking about 25mg. It doesn't seem to do anything beyond that.

Methylb12 stops helping around 10mg.

I'm also taking 1600mcg mfolate, 500mg TMG, 855mg LCF, and the other usual basics.

I feel fine, but I'm wondering if there's anything to watch out for when taking this much? Am I creating other deficiencies?

I'm also wondering if there's a reason I need this much ... if I'm missing something else.

I really appreciate your help, thank you

Last edited:

mgk

The only idea that comes to mind is that you're experiencing the anti-inflammatory "magic" of Adeno-B12?
It may or may not account for all of the effects but there's evidence for this particular property.

Freddd posted about this here:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...min-the-very-large-gorilla-in-the-room.20229/

salut
Thank you, that's really interesting. If i understood it correctly, adenob12 supports the production of NO, which then leads to decreased inflammation. That makes me wonder if I would benefit from other supplements that support NO like L-Citrulline or L-Arginine.

PeterPositive

Thank you, that's really interesting. If i understood it correctly, adenob12 supports the production of NO, which then leads to decreased inflammation. That makes me wonder if I would benefit from other supplements that support NO like L-Citrulline or L-Arginine.
Good point.
For me it didn't work. I've tried Arginine for quite some time (1000mg/day) which is supposed to raise NO. My bowel inflammation was overall much worse during the whole period and I was only able to catch a breath only after stopping the supplement.

I don't know what was the cause but probably I didn't need the extra NO.