• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone worked with a physical therapist for Dysautonomia?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have just started and she has experience working with Dysautonomia in quadraplegics. Of course our Dysautonomia manifests differently but she is going to try to work with the neural aspect. Seems like a possible avenue of approach--anyone had experience with this?

taniaaust1

Hi sushi,

I haven't worked with a physio on this aspect but I did work with a doctor giving me the (non aerobic) exercises often used for POTS patients. It was doing certain calf and leg exercises and tighting the muscles for this. I found out though in my case these kind of exercises do not help my dysautonomia at all.

Ive also tried to be more upright and that in my case doesn't help either.. and neither does doing things like raising the head end of the bed.

Effi

@Sushi I haven't tried this, but am very interested to learn more about this (e.g. what you mean by 'working on neural triggers'). If you don't mind sharing :)