Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone worked with a physical therapist for Dysautonomia?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by Sushi, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I have just started and she has experience working with Dysautonomia in quadraplegics. Of course our Dysautonomia manifests differently but she is going to try to work with the neural aspect. Seems like a possible avenue of approach--anyone had experience with this?

Sasha and Effi like this.
  2. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

3. Sushi

Albuquerque
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Hi sushi,

I haven't worked with a physio on this aspect but I did work with a doctor giving me the (non aerobic) exercises often used for POTS patients. It was doing certain calf and leg exercises and tighting the muscles for this. I found out though in my case these kind of exercises do not help my dysautonomia at all.

Ive also tried to be more upright and that in my case doesn't help either.. and neither does doing things like raising the head end of the bed.

Valentijn likes this.
  5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    The physical therapist I am seeing is not asking for things like this. Rather she is going to try to work with neural triggers.

ahimsa and Never Give Up like this.
  6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks sushi, I would love to hear more about this then when you've tried it.

7. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    @Sushi I haven't tried this, but am very interested to learn more about this (e.g. what you mean by 'working on neural triggers'). If you don't mind sharing :)

8. Sushi

Albuquerque
    She was going to try to come up with a plan for the coming visits. I'll share anything that looks interesting.

See more popular forum discussions.