• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone want to share their labs?

Kimsie

I have been making various posts here about my progress and thoughts about 2 of my sons, one of whom has schizophrenia, and the other depression (but at first he had fatigue), because I believe that the underlying cause of their illnesses causes other illnesses, such as CFS, and I hope that some of my discoveries will help people with ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Since many of the people here have had many lab tests done, I feel that some of this lab data might help in the understanding of not only CFS, but other illnesses, such as mental illness and nuerodegenerative diseases. I wonder if any of you would be willing to share your data with me so that I can see if it fits into my hypothesis of how this illness might be caused, or if my hypothesis needs revision?

For those who might like to participate, I am interested in amino acid levels of urine or serum, levels of vitamins and minerals, NADHP levels, levels of TCA cycle intermediates such as alpha-ketoglutarate, citrate and succinate, heavy metals, and glycolysis intermediates and products such as pyruvate. This information could be posted here or in a private message. You can send the lab tests with the personal information cut out, if that is easier for you than typing it.

By the way, my sons are doing well. It will take about 6 months for me to feel sure that the change is permanent for my son with schizophrenia, but for now he seems to be quite well, and the son with depression is a lot better, but still has minor episodes, and his motivation hasn't completely returned.

Thank you,
Kim

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Kimsie - I'm too tired today to post labs, but can do so in a day or 2. I've just very recently come across information (and lab work) that indicates that low levels of leucine and high levels of tryptopan may be implicated in PEM.

I've had some of the tests you mentioned done (the Nutreval test by Geneva Diagnostics). I would be very interested to hear your results and hypotheses.

I'm glad to hear your sons are doing well!

Mary