1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone using Prescript-Assist probiotic?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Adster, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    It looks interesting and I'm keen to try it, but I'm a little wary of the SBO's getting out of control. I guess if I started really slowly it should be safe? Keen to hear if anyone here has tried it.
  2. Junto

Junto

A practitioner that I have a lot of respect for says it's the most effective and safe form he's ever used.

http://chriskresser.com/5-uncommon-uses-for-probiotics

Junto
  3. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Cheers Junto. I've ordered some and will report back when I've tried it. Assuming I'm still alive ;-)
    aimossy likes this.
  4. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I bought a bottle and have been using it. I found that initially (first 2 weeks) it made my digestion much better. Then as time went on it seems to have made things worse. I also now have a metallic taste in my mouth. I am done with the bottle today, so I'm gonna hold off and see if things settle back to normal. I'd be curious of anyone else's experience as well.
  5. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    I've been taking it on and off for the last couple months. I can't say for sure that it's doing much of anything, though I do have good feelings after taking it. I believe my SIBO is a bit better too but I can't be sure it's the Prescript-Assist that's improving it. Certainly nothing bad has come from it. Ken Lassesen, who recently wrote an article praising this one, says that if a probiotic isn't causing a herx you should probably try another. So I'm moving on.
  6. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I've found it to be quite good actually. I only use half a cap at a time and rotate it with other probiotics. Acer2000, maybe try it every other day or in rotation?

Sometimes I wonder if the Herx thing is overstated, but I might be wrong.
  7. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    I'm about to try this based on Chris's podcast. I've suffered from terrible SIBO for a long time and have been through a plethora of probiotics including single strains. The only thing that helps is sauerkraut cultured from a vegetable starter.

Unfortunately since my gut is so bad I now also suffer from histamine intolerance which means I react the kruat.

I believe for me the best approach is soil based probiotics so my fingers are crossed that prescript-assist will help until I can tolerate cultured food again.
  8. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Keen to hear how you go with it. Good luck!
  9. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Yes - it is the only probiotic I recommend. It is a hell of a lot better than lactic acid probiotics.
  10. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

I have heard many good things about this probiotic but I also heard another view that it should not be taken as the organisms can get into your gut and imbed themselves and you can never get them out, apparently this is not wanted.

Is there a test for histamine intolerance? Or is it just avoid high histamine foods and see your reaction?
  11. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

FWIW I think I have SIBO and histimine intolerance as well. I react to FODMAP carbohydrates and fermented foods. My increased symptoms died back down after I pulled the dose back to 1 cap a day and then stopped taking it. So maybe 2 caps a day for a month straight is too much for me.
  12. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    I took this probiotic earlier this year having been unable to tolerate some of the other kinds. I had no problems that I know of at all with this one - took it for around 3-4 months, but as it's so expensive I then managed to change OK onto goat milk kefir.

Recently I had to take antibiotics for the first time in 25 yrs, and so used Prescript-Assist to help with any gut issues that might arise if I had killed all my friendly bacteria.

Although I did have problems while taking the antibiotic (hot sweats/brain fog).......or was it the combo of them and P-A?........my stomach has been good throughout. Just finished the P-A again with no issues and back again onto the goat kefir.

Incidentally I have long standing gut issues (40 yrs worth!) and possible SIBO.

See more popular forum discussions.