Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone using ear or eye drops read this

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by digital dog, Jan 14, 2016.

1. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

Make sure that they do not contain quinoline.
    I have been using eye drops for a while now and feeling absolute terror, dread, and suicide ideation.
    The antibiotic used in my eye drops is the same as Cirpo.
    Holy Christ Alive. I had NO IDEA my eye drops had quinoline in them until I came across a blog.

2. Denise

Denise Senior Member

@digital dog - by chance do you mean quinolone (rather than quinoline)?

3. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

Yes. Sorry.
    Just something Im not sure many of us are aware of and quite a few of us have dry eyes.

4. Denise

Denise Senior Member

No problem. (My concern was only that quinolone and quinoline are quite different.)
    As you say - many have dry eyes and it is good to be aware.

5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Maybe change the thread title to RX eye drops? I use OTC and you freaked me out. Also typo I think. It's Cipro not Cirpo

6. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Yes there are fluoroquinolone eye drops and ear drops (by prescription) so if ever prescribed one by an eye doctor or ENT, you can always ask which class of antibiotic it belongs to (and if in the FQ class, you can request an alternative.) They can cause retinal detachment and tinnitus all kinds of horrors and are often prescribed to babies who cannot use words to describe the side effects.

My Eye doctor has "No FQ drops" in my chart and I have now even added to my dog's chart at the vet that she never be given an FQ antibiotic. They have different names in different countries but the class, Fluoroquinolones, remains the same. If you tell the doc you are allergic, it is very hard for them to insist you take it.

Little Bluestem and PatJ like this.

See more popular forum discussions.