1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone use Pot for anxiety and stress?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by minkeygirl, Nov 13, 2013.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I live in California so I can get an RX for Medical Marijuana.

I've been tossing it around for a year and still haven't done it. Lately I've had some really stressful things join on which has me tied up in knots. Muscle relaxants drug me for way too long and don't really work that well.

I worry about using weed because my brain is just a mess and I don't want to worry that it could do more harm to my brain.

And OTC stuff, supplements etc. do not work.

So what are your thoughts on weed?

Minks,

2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Hey "Minks". Weed usually gives me more anxiety, actually a lot of it. I think it is one of these substances that people with altered neurology (us!) can get very bad or very good responses from.

For example, I would never do coke or anything similar. I am already wired and pretty crazy lol

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Have you seen the other threads on this? Certain strains don't mess with your brain apparently.

Sushi

Sean and Plum like this.
  4. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    It's a pesticide for the mind. The government wants you to do it. Don't give them the control.

Beyond likes this.
  5. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    Interesting Hugo. Some claim it brightens the mind and opens you up to higher consciousness. My experience has been that the kind of people that smokes are horribly illiterate and obviously brain damaged, because they had a hard time talking.

6. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    There is a kind that is low THC but it's hard to find because most people want the high.

@Beyond yes that is what worries me. During my misspent youth I did a lot of drugs. But now, I just worry the my brain will go berserk!. If I could score a joint I'd try it before I spent the time, money and energy to get an RX.

7. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    If it was legal here, I would happily test any strain with low THC that might help with sleep. Back in the 70s it made me anxious, but there are lots of strains available now. Let us know if you find a good sedating one!

8. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    The last time I smoked weed to sleep was in about 96. I was so wasted I was up all night amazed at how my brain worked. I actually remember my crazy train of thought that night. I think it was Maui Wowie!.

I'm just not sure what I'm going to do.

9. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    If I could get some I would try it also. My doc is actually located where med marajuana is legal, but I live across the border so don't know what the logistics are.

I have actually never smoked pot. Was quite a square in my youth. Am now going through midlife crisis and want to do all the rebellious thngs I never did then.

10. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I went to college in Ohio right after the Kent State murders. It was a time of sex drugs and rock and roll and I did them all. I don't even remember my junior I was so wasted all the time. Boy I miss that.

My problem is all my connections moved so I don't know who to ask anymore.

11. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    Cannabis oil, now that is some medicinal stuff I would like to try. People say it cures cancer.

madietodd likes this.
  12. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

From what I've read in this area, it doesn't sound like a great idea as any sort of long-term 'treatment'.

I thought that marijuana use was associated with increased rates of anxiety... but it does seem really hard to do reliable work in this area. Also, it could still be that it would be good as a one off, or rare, nice thing to do or something to take your mind off things. You could just try something like listening really intensely to some good music (as a nice thing to do, rather than something I'm saying should be seen as a 'treatment'!)? Best of luck with the stressful period.

13. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    My mind is so messed up right now, I don't think it could do any harm. And I can't drink, so I wouldn't mind something to help me relax once in a while.

vli likes this.
  14. vli

vli

CA
    Frankly i doubt that weed wld do more harm to you than (in my experience) awful muscle relaxants.

15. vli

vli

CA
    If you're in CA why not just get a card and you'll have access to high CBD low THC strains??? it shld only take a day.

16. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    It wasnt medical POT but I did take some "once" in the 17 years since Ive been sick. I will NEVER again.

The result was terribly scarying (something which had NEVER happened to me in any of the times when I took it when I was healthy). I lost 2-3 days of time. The last tI remember before I passed out due to it was thinking I was going to die as I'd gone into breathing difficulties due to it and thought I should get taken to hospital and then I can remember nothing at all more.

I was very angry at my friend when I came too days later for not ringing an ambulance (he just left me that there.. he said I got up to go to the loo etc at times but I remember nothing at all of it). I lost days.

Beyond likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Senior Member

This is the key to therapeutically useful cannabis.

vli likes this.
  18. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

It used to make me stupid and hungry. I just didn't like it. But I do wonder if it would help me with sleep. Even when I go to bed "early" (before 3 AM) I can't really wake up before 3 in the afternoon.

19. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    I tried it for insomnia, but it makes me even more tired the next day, so won't do that anymore.

Beyond likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.