• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Use MyMedLab?

roxie60

It appears more and more labs are making certain labs available to people to order online and at lower price than more well known labs. Some do not require doctors prior ok. I am considering MyMedLabs online to do some saliva hormone tsting my Dr wants me todo via Genova Diagostics but I checked last year and realized they cost a lot ($600+) and Im not confident in their results.

I did two hormone tests within 4 days of each other last year, they had some overlap in cortisol, DHEA and differed in sex hormones, neurotransmitters and melatonin. So I expected the tests that over lapped would come back similar, they did not. GD results did not seem to reflect how I was feeling, symps I was dealing with but the other test did (Pharmasan). Pharmasan had my Cortisol very low in AM and dring day when it should have been high and falling and then too high at night when it should have been low - all of which seems to match my sleep problems.

So I am struggling to spend financial resources on a test I'm not confident is getting correct results. GD did indicate all m sex hormones were low (almost all). I want to spend money later on another Lyme test and those are expensive. So I was trying to save some money. Stop The Thyroid Madness lists MyMedLabs as one they recommend.

Anyone use this lab or any other lab listed at Stop The Thyroid Madness website (there are 4)? Did you think the results lined up with your symptoms?

roxie60

I am considering the Hormone panel which has everything the Dr wanted except Melatonin, UA and Iodine. You have to select two tests to get the lower price.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I was just asking in general. Some labs used to give you a discount if you sent a check in with the lab work.

roxie60

ok. I did not get a discount with GD but they required a downpayment up front. Not sure but think MyMedLab requires payment by CC but have not ordered yet so not for sure.