1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone use MODIFIED CITRUS PECTIN?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by keenly, Jul 27, 2010.

1. keenly

keenly Senior Member

?

I hear its good for reducing the toxic metal load?

any thoughts?

Paul

2. leaves

leaves Senior Member

I've used it. Did not hurt.
    Can buy it cheaply from Vitacost.

3. sela

sela Senior Member

marin co, ca
    the guy at 'cooling inflammation' is really into it. great site if you don't know it.

4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

pectasol

i think this is the same thing as pectasol, right?
    I use it. Lots of Dan docs.. autism folks use it.
    I think it works.

5. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I use Pectasol Chelation Complex (hideously expensive even at iherb--nice if you have a friend with a, ND, DO, or even massage lisence to buy
    it closer to wholesale for you.) It apparently pulls out metals well on its own; it contains alginates as well which allegedly allows you to
    swallow less pectin than you normally would have to with pectin alone. (This from the guy who makes it, so grain-of-salt possibly needed.)
    I use it in conjunction with IV or TD chelation therapy, and it does a noticeably good job of mopping up stray mobilized metals.
    There is some research behind PCC--they did clinical trials with children in China and pulled out a bunch of metal with it.
    Here is a link to several studies using modified citrus pectin:
    http://www.dreliaz.org/research#chelation

6. judderwocky

judderwocky Senior Member

pectin? ill go chew on my orange tree :)

7. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    2 1/2 years later it's still "hideously expensive" so I ended up buying Nature's Sunshine Algin (aka Sodium Alginate) instead. Algin/Alginate is kind of hard to find. I've never heard of Nature's Sunshine so I hope it's ok. I'm certainly not endorsing that brand.

Now I'm looking into Modified Citrus Pectin because I plan on doing a small amount of a lot of different things which I'm hoping will minimize the risks, but I realize it could also increase the risks. I don't believe that there is only one way to do things because everyone is different.

Someone in another thread was saying that your body is able to break down regular pectin into the form that MCP is in. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I'd rather my body has as little extra work to do as possible since it already seems to be pretty busy doing stuff. Still, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's any validity in this claim. I suppose any answer would be theoretical, but I'll throw that out there anyways.

8. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Does it matter whether Modified Citrus Pectin is organic? It's made from orange rinds/peels which is sprayed with pesticides. It's made from the white inner part, but it seems like it could still get contaminated during processing. Nutricology is the only company that makes organic MCP. PectaSol's is not organic. There are also recipes on how to make your own citrus pectin.

I also found this on an MCP supplement's description. It seems a little too good to be true. Are there really binders/chelating agents that only get the bad stuff? And if Citrus pectin has potassium do you absorb any of it or does it bind to itself?

See more popular forum discussions.