• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone up for hosting a CFS/ME podcast?

I listen to a bunch of weekly and by weekly podcasts about many varying subjects. Some are formal but most are very laid back. I'm amazed how many weekly podcasts are available to listen to on so many random topics.

Maybe I am uninformed but I am unaware of any podcasts specifically for the topic of CFS. I think this would be a great idea to have one on such an important subject as CFS. I would hope that a podcast would get creative juices flowing of hundreds of thousands of PWCFS. Maybe more podcasts would pop up as a result of the first one.

The podcast could be just be between two friends chatting about the history, polotics, ect.......... Maybe they could take random calls from patients or an occational Dr. The podcast cound be shared and different people could host it. (I'm just thinking of the top of my very foggy head).

I Think A podcast could be very popular, especially for people like me who have difficulty reading long periods at a time and absorbing so much information.

If anyone is interested, has any ideas, or knows of a podcast like this please let me know.

MEG

Podcasts

Oh my gosh...you have lot's of idea's, and way more energy than I have. :eek: I'm sure you will hear from those who have energy, sorry, it isn't me :(

But, best of luck...

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
cfidsurfer I have no idea if you still want to do this. I was just blogging about the same idea in the hopes that someone would want to co-host a podcast or webcast with me. Then I thought, "I better Google it to make sure someone else isn't already doing an ME/CFS podcast." This thread came up.

If you are still interested, let's talk.

ukxmrv

Someone may have the energy to do it. Personally I wouldn't listen to a podcast unless it contained information that was critical to me. It's hard for me to listen to podcasts and to even view things on Youtube. I've already got a collection that I want to look at and listen to (of talks etc) that I am saving for when my brain is good enough.

We are all different though and there has always been a demand from bedbound people who cannot use the computer to have newsletters sent to them. Their carers can then read it for them. A recorded newsletter was always something people asked for when I was involved with support groups so a podcast could fill that niche if a carer was able to place a computer or other device in the bedroom for the bedbound patients to listen to.

Hi, we have a formal podcast site, please send us your videos/audio for some or all of the topics...
youtube.com/mecfspodcast
Thanks

I listen to a bunch of weekly and by weekly podcasts about many varying subjects. Some are formal but most are very laid back. I'm amazed how many weekly podcasts are available to listen to on so many random topics.

Maybe I am uninformed but I am unaware of any podcasts specifically for the topic of CFS. I think this would be a great idea to have one on such an important subject as CFS. I would hope that a podcast would get creative juices flowing of hundreds of thousands of PWCFS. Maybe more podcasts would pop up as a result of the first one.

The podcast could be just be between two friends chatting about the history, polotics, ect.......... Maybe they could take random calls from patients or an occational Dr. The podcast cound be shared and different people could host it. (I'm just thinking of the top of my very foggy head).

I Think A podcast could be very popular, especially for people like me who have difficulty reading long periods at a time and absorbing so much information.

If anyone is interested, has any ideas, or knows of a podcast like this please let me know.