Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

anyone try celery juice for POTS?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by datura, Apr 29, 2018.

1. datura

datura

I'm thinking I might juice celery and drink it before a meal to help POTS symptoms. I was reading it can also help with dysbiosis because it increases stomach HCl. Have you tried it, and what were your results?

2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Is there evidence or a study that shows celery juice helps POTS?

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

alkt likes this.
  4. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    @Hip already answered the relevant question. I just want to add that there are certain prescription drugs that may help with POTS. In case of POTS with high blood pressure, a medication such as metoprolol may do the trick while for those with normal or low-normal blood pressure, ivabradine is very promising.

keenly and alkt like this.
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    But that would be contraproductive, since celery is so diuretic.

alkt likes this.
  6. datura

datura

Thanks all, I was mainly just looking for anecdotal experiences (there aren't any studies on celery & POTS), I should have put that in my original post. I thought it might help increase electrolyte/mineral status (being high in sodium) but not sure how strong the diuretic effect is.

outdamnspot and alkt like this.

See more popular forum discussions.