1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone try a cleaner alternative to equilibrant?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by LJBluesky, Jun 26, 2013.

1. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    My daughter has CFS and Dr Rey in Miami put her on equilibrant for cocksackie B virus. I noticed the equilibrant contains yellow and red dyes, as well as carnuba wax (car wax) and calcium carbonate (tums which lowers sstomache acid). She has interstitial cystitis too which can be really sensitive to food additives like these.

Has anyone tried a cleaner version of equilibrant that doesn't have all this junk in it? The main ingredient in equilibrant as I understand it, is oxymitrane, which is from the sophora root extract. I found two brands of herbal oxymitrane from this root: white tiger and alternative medicine solutions. They do not have the other Chinese herbs in there, but they don't have the junk in there either. Thanks!

2. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I used the White Tiger Oxy before Equilibrant became available.

I am thinking of switching back gain due to the cost of the Equilibrant.

In my opinion, they work equally well for me.

John

3. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    Thanks John. How many of the white tigers do you take per day? (equilibrant is supposed to be 6 per day but it is not pure sophora root extract oxymatrine like the white tiger).

4. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    It has been a few years, and I don't remember exactly how many I took. It was either two or three a day. It took me a while to get used to the White Tiger, and when I went to the Equilibrant, I had to start slowly once again. I am only taking four of the Equilibrants a day, due to the cost.

John

5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I've been tossing around trying the White Tiger oxymatrine since there are too many things in the Equilibrant I can't take. Dr. Chia says not to take it if you have an auto immune disease in your family and he talks about Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I have Psoriasis. I know that RA and Psoriasis have some commonalities but in a piece here about Oxymatrine, it says the Chinese used Oxymatrine to treat psoriasis.

So I'm confused. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks

http://phoenixrising.me/archives/865

See more popular forum discussions.