• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone tried the gupta programme?

WoolPippi

I tried it and it helped me greatly. No cure though.

it's not CBT or any blame-the-thoughts-nonsense. It's a technique to stop your CNS from getting its knickers in a twist all the time. The technique is NLP, which causes the confusion that it may be a blame-the-thoughts thing. It's not.

It's just that there are not many techniques that can influence the CNS. I can think of NLP; drugs; bodily movement; deep breathing and perhaps hypnosis.

The theory is that your body is in distress from your illness and fires warning calls into your brain all the time for every little thing it notices. By acknowledging these alerts you basically validate them, making your body more sensitive to every ache and hick-up and inviting it to fire warning calls for any and all of them. Even the normal aches such as caused by a morsel travelling through your guts or a change of room temp.
All these warning calls bring your system in a constant wired and worried modus. Which tempers the body's ability for repairs.
Gupta offers a halting technique for this cycle.

The aim of Gupta Amygdala technique is to make the body stop worrying about the little things.

humanrising

Hi all

just wondering if anyone has tried the gupta programme or knows of anyone who has had success with it? It seems good, but then again also sounds like all that cbt/wessely/lightning process nonsense. I want to buy it but confused as to whether there are any benefits to it or not.

Best wishes
ivana

I was very interested in trying this mostly because I know that the kind of pain I live with is not acute or all injury related so I am always looking for something that will dial down the " pain train in my brain".

I also thought if it didn't work I could get my money back. DON'T DO THIS PROGRAM THINKING YOU CAN RETURN IT EASILY.

The program is OK, it could be watched on a single DVD instead of the 6 or whatever it was. The main problem to me is that it is designed ( as usual) by people who don't live like this. The idea is simple enough, you are stopping a negative thought and physically by walking and doing some hand movements and saying a set of things to stop you from your mind go down hill so to speak, its not really something that is very real world functional.

I didn't find it helpful, I contacted the company and basically they told me I shouldn't give up on it yet. What they didn't say was that if I took any longer I wouldn't get my money back. With my brain and memory issues I didn't understand that you had a very short time to use it and return it. The reality is if it did work it would take time..... a lot longer then they give you.

What burned me on these people is that I wrote to them saying I wanted to return the item. I was told how to return it, ( i didn't even write in the booklet ) the whole thing was in perfect condition. They told me they couldn't find my info. I told them that it had been quite awhile since I bought it. They didn't say anything just return it. I sent to UK which cost me about 30.00.

Once they got it they emailed me and told me it had been too long to return it. They now magically found all my info and I have lost the several hundred dollars the bloody thing cost in the first place, the shipping cost and the perfect product that I could have at least sold. I felt these people were the equivalent of a pyramid scheme instead of people who understand what its like to live cognitively impaired etc.

There were 3 different places where they could have told me where I stood on the return process but instead they got the product and my money. I want people to get better any way they can but I also have to say the way they treated me was clear screwed up capitalism, at its worst. Wouldn't recommend them as a company and can't say there product is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: