1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone tried sublingual cyanocobalamin?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Vordhosbn, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Vordhosbn

Vordhosbn

UK
    Has anyone tried sublingual cyanocobalamin. If so did you find it drastically less effective per dosage compared to hydroxy or methyl?

I'm trying to find a formulation that is as pure as possible, and cyano might be easier to source. Though also unsure about the cyanide issue and how it compares to normal dietary exposure.
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    There was a person on here who ended up with cyanide poisoning. I would avoid it.
    Lotus97 likes this.
  3. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Hi, I accidently started using cyanocobalamin (thinking it was Methylb12) and had the normal increase of energy and need for potassium, and then it just stopped being effective ie. my energy levels stopped improving and no matter how much of the cyano that I took, my body stopped needing potassium (this went on for several months). I then realised my mistake and switched back to the methylb12 form and after a few weeks, my energy started to increase again and I started needing potassium and still do.
    Rather long winded answer - sorry. Even though it helped to begin with, I think its usefulness is limited.
    I also think it would be damaging longterm. I was horrified when I found that I had been taking it.
  4. arx

arx Senior Member

Yes,I've tried cyano B12. I did find it less effective than methyl. I wouldn't use cyano,but that's my personal choice. There are people on the PA facebook group who prefer cyano to methyl. They say that methyl gives them a bad reaction,but from what I've learnt,that bad reaction(detox/startup) is itself the indicator that methyl is more powerful.
  5. triffid113

triffid113 Day of the Square Peg

Michigan
    Well, I was taking cyano my whole life. Didn't know better (no one did back then). I have had no effect from any of the B12. I finally dropped it and only take it in my Thorne Basic B complex as mB12. (I think I need more folate than B12 and the amount in the B complex 2x/day seems fine). My whole methylation protocol takes my homocysteine from high down to normal. If I skip the methylation protocol I get very painful joints within a few days and anxiety problems despite that DHEA lessens them. Also depression and schleppiness. Energy? Dunno. Too depressed to know?
  6. antherder

antherder Senior Member

I took sublingual cynano B12 every day for a few months--long before I knew anything about methylation--and it caused severe nausea. Took me a while to work out it was the culprit, of course. I don't tolerate any form of B12 well though.

See more popular forum discussions.