Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone tried Myelophil?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by energyoverload, Feb 16, 2015.

1. energyoverload

energyoverload Senior Member

London
    Has anyone tried the specific combination of herbs contained in Myelophil preperations? Myelophil contains both Astragali Radix and Salviae Radix. I found this paper on use of Myelophil in Chronic Fatigue. Granted this is not specifically in ME, but I wonder if it could yield some benefit? Some research shows it may exhibit antioxidant properties and potentially reduce Glucorticoid Receptor Resistance, but its not entirely clear cut.

I came across these (obviously Chronic Fatigue, nonetheless it may still help some in our cases): http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/380/pdfs/060691.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23665312

2. LifeIsSweet

LifeIsSweet

I want to try it but I guess Myelophil is not available to the public. I want to try the two herbs but I don't know what the proper combination is. Did you try Astraligus and Salvia? If so, did it help with your fatigue?

3. wintersky

wintersky

A documented case of a 33 year old Multi-Year CFS patient diagnosed under CDC criteria having significant improvement under Myelophil stated above & another formula of 12 herbs commonly used in Traditional Medicine. She was classified as having "Heart & Spleen Blood Deficiency".

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213422013000036

Wish you all a Good Day Ahead,
    Wintersky

roller likes this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

With no PEM, and the symptoms listed are not sufficient even for CDC diagnosis, despite the claim by the researcher. I have yet to hear of an ME/CFS patient complain of "frequent sighing" as a symptom.

minkeygirl and Sushi like this.
  5. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    I disagree, I sigh quite a bit as my breathing is often "flat or depressed" as I've tried to explain to my dr. Although I haven't listed sighing as a symptom it is something that I've noticed.

roller likes this.
  6. roller

roller wiggle jiggle

the sighing may go away after some years, or perhaps never show up with ppl whose nerves are less affected...

7. LifeIsSweet

LifeIsSweet

Sighing is one of the first problems I noticed when I started becoming ill with CFS. I think it's not mentioned much because it is the very least of our problems.

roller likes this.
  8. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    Yeah, I'd trade this crap in for chronic sighing syndrome in a hot second :p

9. J.G

J.G

In a similar vein, another 'study' of Myelophil is here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19398067

The article looks promising at first, but despite the words 'chronic fatigue' in the title, in its body text the authors admit:

"We did not target this study toward CFS, which can be diagnosed by typical criteria. Instead, we enrolled subjects who had complained of medically unexplained fatigue for longer than 6 months."

What is the point in that? Fatigue can have a million causes.

I wish they'd recruited stringently rather than basing a study off self-assessed tired people, as testing serum cytokine levels before and after Myelophil treatment seems the right way to go...

See more popular forum discussions.