• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Enbrel?

Hi again. It's been about 8 months since my last major relapse, had some slow "recovery" for a couple months and now on my way back down again and need to get back at trying things and taking this far more seriously than I have been...

My dad has RA and found a source for getting Enbrel way cheaper than the pharmacy. I've been considering just shotgunning different treatments the last year since an inch stack of tests and records has turned up nothing. I've been talking to my parents and my dad thinks I should just try the Enbrel.

I'd like to have a doctorto work with me on this, but aside from the crap you get for CFS, I live in a town of about 5,000 in Homer, Alaska and for the last 8 months it's unbelievably difficult to go into town. Even with a Xanax to deal with the brand new panic attacks that started a few months into my relapse in August, I still can barely function.

So has anyone else tried Enbrel? Were there side effects or was it even worth it? I don't want to go through another three months of not being able to even sit up in bed :(

msf

I haven't tried it, but I just wanted to point out that I believe it was Enbrel that Fluge and Mella used in their pilot study. The study was discontinued due to adverse effects on 2/4 patients.

ukxmrv

I've not tried Enbrel some something similar ( Humira ) and was helped by that. In my own personal case I would try Enbrel if given the chance. If I could ever afford to buy Humira I would try it again.

The Humira helped with pain and with viral symptoms (sore throat, glands etc)