• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Coley's Toxins?

JBB

From Wiki:

"Coley's toxins (also called Coley's toxin,[1]Coley's vaccine,[2]Coley vaccine or mixed bacterial vaccine) is a mixture consisting of killed bacteria of species Streptococcus pyogenes and Serratia marcescens, named after William Coley, asurgical oncologist who developed the mixture in the late 19th century as a treatment for cancer.[3][4]"

..."The CpG motif is recognized by toll like receptor 9 (TLR9) and can induce a strong TH1 response."

Not sure what kind of immune response they would give but maybe they would help shif towards TH1 immune system? I can't find research on this though other than the above also from wiki which seems theoretical.

Has anyone tried this?

What are your thoughts about trying this?

Of course there is high possibility of Coley's toxins making one worse.

Look forward to hearing your ideas.

Best wishes,

J

RYO

One person I met who is "cured" after bed/house bound for 7 years said she had a bout of bacterial meningitis before she started to feel better. I have often wondered whether a severe febrile illness may lead to recovery.