1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone Tried Allicin?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by JBB, Dec 6, 2013.

1. JBB

JBB

Allicin is a very concentrated extract of Garlic. It is supposedly a potent alternative to anti-biotics and also has anti-viral and of course anti-bacterial properties.

Therefore if it can really do this it would be very useful against Lyme and co infections and also any chronic viral infections we have.

A nutritionist I saw recommended it to me. On further research I found this site:

http://cfsallicin.wordpress.com/

but not much else.

Have any of you guys tried this?
    Any details...how long you took it...did it help...much appreciated. :)

Best wishes,

J
  2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Yes same brand very high dosages but it did not help a bit neither with lyme nor viral nor parasites.
    JBB likes this.
  3. john66

john66 Senior Member

I have tried it with no results. It was a compete waste of money for me.
    JBB likes this.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I took it and got a massive herx...... never again.
    JBB likes this.
  5. JBB

JBB

Hmm, thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate hearing your experiences.

@maryb you got a herx...couldn't that be a sign that it was doing something? Could you take much smaller doses?

Maybe you have another reason for thinking that it wasn't doing anything / stopping.

Best wishes,

J
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    it also made me feel sick - I don't do herx - yes it may be doing something but I stay away from anything that affects me a lot, don't get me wrong I know we sometimes have to feel a bit worse before we improve but I sort of 'get' when my body reacts violently.
    JBB likes this.
  7. JBB

JBB

Yeh I see, I get what you mean :). Some things just aren't helpful! Thanks for your reply.

Best wishes,

J

See more popular forum discussions.