1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone taking Cortef?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ggingues, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH
    Is anyone taking Cortef? and if so have you found any improvement?

Thanks!
  2. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    Oh i have this in the fridge to try sickofcfs, i didn't realise it helped reactions as I am reacting massively to stuff at the moment I will give it a try although as I reacting massively to everything at the mo i may not be able to tolerate ;)But worth a try
  3. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Hi Everyone,

I use a low dose of Cortef to good effect on both my energy and immune system. This whole subject has been gone into at great length earlier on. Maybe if you search in the old threads and posts under "cortisol", you will find those very extensive discussions. I don't want to repeat myself another time, so I will leave it at that--

Sing
  4. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I should add to my post above that Cortef (cortisol) is a serious drug, a powerful hormone with many effects, which is very helpful to those who need it and very harmful to those who don't. I would never recommend anyone taking it without a doctor's prescription and careful monitoring.

Sing
  5. alice1

alice1 Senior Member

Toronto
    a friend with cfs was on low dose cortef for a couple of years and did and is still doing quite well.she went off it about 2 years ago.
  6. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    Hi everyone thanks for the heads up in case anyone is worried - I was prescribed Cortef by a consultant at Barts Hospital, London where they diagnosed my dys/POTS although I think "careful monitoring" is probably asking a bit much of the NHS. I have taken it had to go straight to bed and had some quite trippy dreams. Tried twice more in smaller amounts no dreams just more fatigued but I read it can do this initially before making you feel better. Why does everything seem to come with that caveat?? So was going to continue anyway but a house move and serious drop in health prevented so far. My MCS is severe and this seems to put the brakes on most things anyway but it was the the possibility of mediating reactions which I got interested in.
  7. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH
    Sorry for the repeat, can you point me out more specifically to the other thread?

Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.