• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone seen Dr Christabelle Yeoh in Sydney, Australia?

Hi,

Just realized I posted this under Blogs instead of Forums.

We are from Melbourne and would love to hear from those who have been to see Dr Yeoh. Just wondering if we should make the trip as my son is fairly ill with CFS and 'borderline' Lyme. Doctors and naturopaths have given up on him. Someone suggested Dr Richard Schloeffel, who charges $600/hr which we can hardly afford.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

xrunner

Hi @caremom
She used to work at the Breakspear in the UK. I saw her may be two or three times after Dr D., who had diagnosed me with chronic Lyme, retired. She basically continued with Dr D's strategy to treat my chronic Lyme which worked.
At the time she seemed quite young but came across as knowledgeable in many departments. She should be familiar with testing and treatments for chronic Lyme and other infections, sensitivities, MCS, methylation, heavy metals toxicity etc.
Best wishes.

Thanks xrunner & AndyPandy.

Dr L was among those who gave up on my son when initially, he told us there's a good chance of recovery because he was young. As time went on his condition worsened and there wasn't much he could do really other than symptomatic treatments which didn't help at all. My son has since lost heaps of weight through malnutrition, has osteoporosis, lots of bowel pain, constant fatigue, undermethylation, hypersensitivity to noise, anxiety, etc. So we thought of going to Dr Yeoh to see if his borderline Lyme (Borrelia-Blot +2, Babesia Igm <20, IgG <40 Chlamydia pneumoniae-Elispot LTT+2) and elevated RT3 (670pmol, normal up to 450) requires treatment. A gastroenterologist said he doesn't know what is RT3. o_O

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
@caremom sorry that your son is so sick. I hope you can find some answers.

I have read that Dr Schloeffel is good and mainly/only treats kids. I don't know anything about Dr Yeoh.

Best wishes, Andy

Hi,

Just realized I posted this under Blogs instead of Forums.

We are from Melbourne and would love to hear from those who have been to see Dr Yeoh. Just wondering if we should make the trip as my son is fairly ill with CFS and 'borderline' Lyme. Doctors and naturopaths have given up on him. Someone suggested Dr Richard Schloeffel, who charges $600/hr which we can hardly afford.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.
Hi there, my teen son is ill with ME/CFS and has just tested IgG positive for Bartonella. I have just read this thread. Wondering if you did end up seeing Dr Yeoh and if she helped? Hope your son is feeling better.