Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone seen Dr Christabelle Yeoh in Sydney, Australia?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by caremom, Apr 5, 2015.

1. caremom

caremom

Australia
    Hi,

Just realized I posted this under Blogs instead of Forums.

We are from Melbourne and would love to hear from those who have been to see Dr Yeoh. Just wondering if we should make the trip as my son is fairly ill with CFS and 'borderline' Lyme. Doctors and naturopaths have given up on him. Someone suggested Dr Richard Schloeffel, who charges $600/hr which we can hardly afford.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Hi @caremom
    She used to work at the Breakspear in the UK. I saw her may be two or three times after Dr D., who had diagnosed me with chronic Lyme, retired. She basically continued with Dr D's strategy to treat my chronic Lyme which worked.
    At the time she seemed quite young but came across as knowledgeable in many departments. She should be familiar with testing and treatments for chronic Lyme and other infections, sensitivities, MCS, methylation, heavy metals toxicity etc.
    Best wishes.

MEMum likes this.
  3. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    @caremom Have you considered the CFS Discovery Clinic in Melbourne, run by Dr Don Lewis?

MEMum likes this.
  4. caremom

caremom

Australia
    Thanks xrunner & AndyPandy.

Dr L was among those who gave up on my son when initially, he told us there's a good chance of recovery because he was young. As time went on his condition worsened and there wasn't much he could do really other than symptomatic treatments which didn't help at all. My son has since lost heaps of weight through malnutrition, has osteoporosis, lots of bowel pain, constant fatigue, undermethylation, hypersensitivity to noise, anxiety, etc. So we thought of going to Dr Yeoh to see if his borderline Lyme (Borrelia-Blot +2, Babesia Igm <20, IgG <40 Chlamydia pneumoniae-Elispot LTT+2) and elevated RT3 (670pmol, normal up to 450) requires treatment. A gastroenterologist said he doesn't know what is RT3. o_O

5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    @caremom sorry that your son is so sick. I hope you can find some answers.

I have read that Dr Schloeffel is good and mainly/only treats kids. I don't know anything about Dr Yeoh.

Best wishes, Andy

MEMum likes this.
  6. LaurenMG

LaurenMG

Hi there, my teen son is ill with ME/CFS and has just tested IgG positive for Bartonella. I have just read this thread. Wondering if you did end up seeing Dr Yeoh and if she helped? Hope your son is feeling better.

MEMum likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.