• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone notice a change in potency of Enzymatic b12 Infusion?

SJB944

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any change in potency of Enzymatic b12 infusion?

I'm grappling with a change/regression of symptoms, which I can;t quite get a grip on (what's new?) and just wanted to rule out something changed with b12 or even Solgar's metafolin?

Cheers
SJB

PeterPositive

Hi,
I have been taking both since the beginning of 2014 and I haven't noticed a change. Or at least I don't think I have, but I have increased the dosage from 1mg to 5mg.

Maybe I see what you mean... When I started with 1mg it had a pretty strong effect on me. Over time the effect became less noticeable and I could slowly increase dosage. I think this should be expected, but I am not sure if it's caused by a change in the product. It's more likely it's a change in me, meaning that I can tolerate more.

cheers

sueami

Possibly. This is my form of mb12 and when I ran out of my 1mg injectible mb12 for two weeks in August, I noticed distinct backsliding during that time, even while taking 10-12mg sublingual b12 every day. Now I'm back on the shots (and upped them from every other day to daily), and I still take 4-6 tabs of enzy therapy a day, but the efficaciousness of the shots may be masking any reduced absorption from the enzy tabs.

I'm also using Solgar metafolin. Have no observations about it's effectiveness, as I'm not well clued in to signs of folate deficiency in me. I do notice some raciness after taking two morning tabs still from time to time, so I would assume that indicates it's still potent for me.

sueami

What batch number are you taking? I"m currently taking 20022019. Not sure if that was what I was taking back in August, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

SJB944

Yep, that is the same batch no. I have. I suspect I have developed, partly methyl trap like symptoms, which start to show up as folate insufficiency/deficiency -- but taking a lot of extra methylfolate doesn't seem to quell. Have been really increasing the b12 over the last two days, and it might be having an impact -- bit early to be conclusive.

Maybe the Enzymatic B12 infusion isn't quite as potent this batch -- probably need more of us to confirm this before concluding.

skwag

My methylfolate need has dropped off significantly in the past couple months. I've got the same batch number of b12. Ineffective b12? Maybe. But there are a lot of other possible explanations, at least in my case.

I'm interested to hear from others. In particular, @ahmo .

aturtles

May I ask why you folks are preferring the 1mg Enzymatic Therapy to the 5mg Country Life (or some other brand)? Forgive me if you've already answered this somewhere else. Is it that much more absorbable, or are you trying for smaller doses or...? Thank you!

ahmo

I'm not using Enzy, only 5mg CL. CL seems to be working great for me. Which is to say, I'm symptom-free, feeling the best mentally and emotionally I have ever. My physical stamina is still quite poor. Does that mean I should switch to loading up on Enzy (I'm taking 20mg CL, 2 tabs twice a day), which would mean almost 1 bottle/day? Fred's referred to doing so, I haven't gone there.

My other choices to see if I'd get further improvements from B12 are injecting or trying the oil. I'm waiting to hear garyfritz's experience of the oil. I don't know if injectable is within my budget.

ETA: Also, my neurological issues have resolved.:)

Last edited:

aturtles

Thank you sueami and ahmo! I am moving away from Jarrow to see if it helps with the teeth discomfort (and I don't want to speculate again about whether it's just painful or damaging any more than you do) and so I have been using the Country Life and Enzymatic Therapy. Like you, @ahmo, i'm finding CL quite effective. Can't wait to hear how the oil works for you!

Yes, I still find the CL dissolves faster than Jarrow, but i decided: so what. I'll just take more when I need it. (And start on injections.)

sueami

Ahmo, I'm so pleased about my neurological improvements as well. Now I just want the physical stamina to return faster. Glad CL is still working for you too. Good to know. I"m going to be starting on the b12oils as well with Gary. My symptoms aren't as immediately responsive to b12 (or I'm just not as observant about myself) but I hope to notice an improvement. I got a really fascinating email from the research who developed the oils about my specific set of snps. Such detailed and useful feedback! I keep meaning to post about it but haven't had the time/energy yet.